Itinerary Changes

MAF23

I just happen to be checking pricing on my upcoming cruise and notice that it shows a new itinerary...but it hasn't updated on my cruise planner. This is for the Oasis in December. Looks like changes are definitely being made ahead of the "daily" updates.

Interesting! I will continue to hope it sticks with the original itinerary, but not overly confident. Not excited about the changes it shows, but obviously it is more important that things get fixed in Puerto Rico and St. Maarten.

I hope we get something for the change as the Western was cheaper the week before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will not. More than itinerary goes into pricing. My Western in July is much more expensive than my Eastern (which has since been switched to Western) next week.

Also the Western the week before (this current week) and the week after our cruise were both more expensive than our Eastern sailing pre-hurricane.

I ran into a similar scenario when checking the price of an AOS cruise I'm booked on in March. I get a message telling me "There are a few changes to this sail date's itinerary. We hope you're as excited as we are about this in your updated vacation plan".

I assume this related to the damage in St Maarten since it is on the itinerary, but strangely the itinerary displayed with this message is completely unaltered.

You will not. More than itinerary goes into pricing. My Western in July is much more expensive than my Eastern (which has since been switched to Western) next week.

Also the Western the week before (this current week) and the week after our cruise were both more expensive than our Eastern sailing pre-hurricane.

Could be the ports in the western on your itinerary were different.. Let's face facts Grand Cayman is 10x better than Costa Maya.

My Harmony cruise switched from san juan, labadee and st. kitts to cozumel, costa maya and nassau. Both Labadee and St. Kitts were available, however Royal sent other ships to those ports instead of the Harmony and I'm sure this related to the # of days in the other cruises.

The Harmony can not get into the nicer western ports with 5500 people being tendered it would ridiculous. I don't mind a change in port for safety of weather, but when Royal changes your ports for their convenience I feel the passengers should be compensated for the difference in price. The difference in the Harmony eastern compated to western route is approximately $150-$200 for a balcony cabin. Another issue while I was on the Harmony I received an email for a free cabin on a number of sailings during September and October and all were for the western caribbean which I anticipate resulted from Royal received a number of cancellations. Costa Maya and Nassau are both horrible ports and Cozumel is just a step up.

But I’m not talking about your July cruise. In December, the week after is cheaper and was cheaper the week before. If I wanted a Western, I would of booked it.

There is no reason not to be on an Eastern with other Islands that can support Oasis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be the ports in the western on your itinerary were different.. Let's face facts Grand Cayman is 10x better than Costa Maya.

Costa Maya and Nassau are both horrible ports and Cozumel is just a step up.

I know that everyone has personal reasons why they prefer one port to another. I have been to Costa Maya only once and had a great time. I am very much looking forward to my next visit there in March. I had a great time scuba diving there, the beach was nice, and the prices were something they are not in Cayman - affordable (maybe even cheap). So nice not having to wait an hour to take a tender like in Cayman either.

I fully agree with your assessment of Nassau - waste of a port.

As for Cozumel, we find it one of the best ports around. Friendly people, reasonable prices, good deals to buy stuff, great scuba diving, fantastic all inclusive resorts like Mr. Sanchos and Nachi Cocom. I never understand why people do not like Cozumel.

Anytime a cruise cancels a stop in Falmouth, is cause for celebration. Horrible port. You should be happy you are missing it.

just saw the same thing for our Nov 19 OASIS

the RCCL list of changes says nothing and no e-mail but if I pull up a new booking is says something else ....

Nassau, Costa and Coz vs St M, San J and Lab

personally I don't care one way or the other about the ports as been to all many many times (worked on ships in the Carb for 10 years) but it is curious that the various parts of RCCL are not sync'd up. Many years ago a headhunter called me and asked if I'd be interested in an executive level job with RCCL IT department. Shortly thereafter CG made me an offer I could not refuse ...... who knows ... maybe things could have been better!

Cruising on the Oasis Nov. 5th. We feel that RCI copped out by changing our eastern to a western cruise. We don't even get to go to Labadee now and that port is open...very frustrating. They say they have this right under the fine print of terms and conditions. There will be no form of compensation. We feel that they could have at least offered some OBC or a specialty dining night....something. Customer service only gives the company line of...this is the way it is...sorry.