Port of Mobile Closed

LaShelle2

Sorry about the passengers expecting to board tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My understanding is Carnival still hasn't communicated to passengers their cruise has been cancelled. They should let them know something.

The port is not technically closed. They are placing restrictions on traffic.

"According to information provided by Adams, Port Authority actions include:

• The Authority has given notice that all vessels at its terminals in port should complete loading and discharge operations, and sail by 6 p.m. Friday. Only vessels that have been given permission to remain at berth after that time may do so.
  • No vessel will be allowed to stay at the Port Authority's berths where cranes or ship loaders are located, to reduce the risk of damage.
  • Effective immediately, no loaded barges will be accepted at the Authority's terminals. All empty barges must be removed from the Authority's terminals by 6 p.m. Friday.

Adams said that while the Coast Guard has authority over all shipping, the Alabama State Port Authority's actions apply only to its own terminals. Other terminals may take different actions, or use different timetables, to prepare for the storm, though they must comply with Coast Guard advisories."

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/10/tropical_storm_nate_port_of_mo.html

I was in Mobile. The port told me Fantasy will not be getting in . I am furious we have been told nothing by carnival. If someone is on te Fantasy now, please let us know if youhaebeeupdate.

Am I understanding correctly, you are scheduled to cruise tomorrow and Carnival STILL hasn't updated you?

So you travelled all the way to Mobile, only to find out that you're not sailing tomorrow? And Carnival hasn't notified you of anything?

That's ridiculous! You shouldn't have to find out your cruise is cancelled from an Internet message board.

That's ridiculous! You shouldn't have to find out your cruise is cancelled from an Internet message board.

Maybe a delayed cruise? One thing experienced cruisers know during hurricane season , information is not given freely or offered regarding passenger safety before boarding . Income is the cruise lines main concern . They play hide and seek while watching the weather

I was in Mobile. The port told me Fantasy will not be getting in . I am furious we have been told nothing by carnival. If someone is on te Fantasy now, please let us know if youhaebeeupdate.

Nothing on the web site. Have you called and what did they say? Please let us know.

Maybe a delayed cruise? One thing experienced cruisers know during hurricane season , information is not given freely or offered regarding passenger safety before boarding . Income is the cruise lines main concern . They play hide and seek while watching the weather ��

Carnival has known all day that the port would be closed. There's no excuse for them not to tell passengers leaving Saturday.

Any UPDATES????

7pm Friday we got a call that Famtasy could not come into port BC of the storm - port is closed - said may be able to board Monday. The hotel we are is $$ so we would love to know what they are actually saying on board

Family of 5 and we want to go on home if we aren’t gonna get on the boat till Monday 😡

quote=madyellie;54242940]I'm on the Fantasy now. We were informed by the captain about an hour ago that we will NOT be returning until at least Sunday evening. That makes me think it will more than likely be some time Monday.

Any UPDATES????

7pm Friday we got a call that Famtasy could not come into port BC of the storm - port is closed - said may be able to board Monday. The hotel we are is $$ so we would love to know what they are actually saying on board

Family of 5 and we want to go on home if we aren’t gonna get on the boat till Monday ��

quote=madyellie;54242940]I'm on the Fantasy now. We were informed by the captain about an hour ago that we will NOT be returning until at least Sunday evening. That makes me think it will more than likely be some time Monday.

That's just wrong. Carnival has just given up even trying to do the right thing, anymore.

Edited by Thorncroft

What did Carnival say when you called them?