Getting to Galveston?

HMK

We are flying into Houston, need info on getting to Galveston...

We will be flying in the night before our cruise, and most likely stay somewhere near Houston Airport, and head out the next morning to catch the Conquest.

Any ideas?

The area around Hobby is not the greatest to stay in. I would head on down to Galveston and get a room there. A lot of the hotels on the beach are on the trolley route. You can get on it if you wish to explore Galveston.

Dave

Consider looking into a company that will pick you up at the airport and bring you into Galveston when you fly in...lots of people use Galveston Limousine Company. There are several hotels that will transfer you to the cruise ship terminal at no charge in Galveston. Have a look at the fourm about pre and post cruise hotels:******** and the ports of call forum:********.

Have you checked to see if any of the hotels have transpo from the airport? I know the Holiday Inn by the Beach has free shuttle to and from the dock.

That should read "Holiday Inn On The Beach", not to be confused with Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort. Both are on Seawall Boulevard and both are Holiday Inn's "by" the beach in Galveston. Just to clarify. ;)

Patty in Texas

• 11 months later...

Do NOT use them. They are awful, rude, yell at you, make you wait hours before leaving the ship to get back to the airport and don't care that you are going to miss your flight because of it. And don't question them on anything, they will scream at you. And we weren't the only ones this happened to. Everyone on the bus going back to the airport had some kind of experience with them.

For your on sanity and well being, don't use them. Walk from the airport to Galveston but don't use them. You will be very very sorry if you do.

Our cruise on the Conquest was fabulous, except for the last day when we had a man overboard. Loved the ship.

Funny, I had a great experience with the Galveston Limo Company. It's a shuttle van, not a limo. But they were very friendly and when we got back after the cruise, they were waiting out front holding a sign. We actually got back to the Hobby airport very early, made us wish we had booked an earlier flight.

There are a lot of very good review on this company here on Cruise Critic as well, so I'm not the only one to have a good experience with them.

The area around Hobby is not the greatest to stay in. I would head on down to Galveston and get a room there. A lot of the hotels on the beach are on the trolley route. You can get on it if you wish to explore Galveston.

Dave

Although, it's important to note that hotels in Galveston are WAY higher than they are in Houston.

Archived