2 weeks come and gone, 3 weeks now come and gone, 3 weeks to go

ChiefMike

It is odd that they have cancelled sju and stt for the jade on cruises thru February and all the other ports that weren't affected as well but it is OK for the gem to keep their schedule several months earlier! I don't get it. I also know that carnival is stating old San Juan is good to go right now for tourists. Good luck!

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

but how good to go, that is the question? I am sure the hold up is exactly that, should we or shouldn't we? I can imagine how hard this is for those sailing in a few weeks but it is better than changing the itinerary when it didn't need to happen or deciding to go to ports that really are not ready for tourism. it is a no win for cruise lines and a wait and see for all of you. Sad, but really we all have to understand where the cruise line is coming from. Just because Carnival is willing to take a chance doesn't mean it is the right chance.

Carnival Cruise Line has canceled all departures of Carnival Fascination through to the end of January 2018 so that the ship can be used for hurricane relief workers in the Caribbean. The ship will be chartered by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) for almost four months in a last-minute deal.

The cruise line posted on its website today: “Earlier this week, we communicated that we were ready to resume our operation from San Juan on Carnival Fascination, with our first cruise departing this Sunday. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has since asked us to support the relief and rebuilding efforts and Carnival Fascination has been chartered to provide housing for relief workers in the U.S. Virgin Islands. This means the ship’s departures from October 15, 2017 through January 28, 2018 will be canceled. Carnival Fascination will return to year-round service from San Juan beginning February 18, 2018.”

During the period in between the charter and the next scheduled cruise, Carnival Fascination will be sent for its scheduled dry dock (January 31 to February 17, 2018) in the Grand Bahama shipyard to receive new features including Guy’s Burger Joint and Blue Iguana Cantina.

Passengers booked on the cancelled cruises will receive a refund of their cruise fare and any other pr