Earliest time off breakaway ??

Micheleeee

Can any recent breakaway sailors tell me what time the ship arrives back in NYC and how quickly they were able to get off?? I'm looking to book but need to be somewhere Sunday so I'm worried about being stuck. I know nothing is guaranteed but just wondering what to expect.

Typically I believe they are scheduled to arrive in port at 8:00 am EST, but watching their webcam from the bridge I have seen them arrive as much as two hours earlier, just not consistently. 8:00 am is a good time to expect, but of course it is US Customs and Border Control that determines when the ship is allowed to disembark passengers.

We had a nightmare disembarking due to customs/immigration - not NCL's fault, just a staffing issue with the agency employees. If time is of the essence, grab a porter because they appeared to have their own line.

Note: this is an experience 2 years ago, so things may have changed

It still happens, it’s a crapshoot. If there are no customs issues, you can be off around 8. However, it could take a couple of hours if they are short staffed.