Does it snow in the Caribbean?

Whoohoo, come on great good times, yea yea, Snow day, Snow day , Snow day. It does not get any better than this, leaving for Fort Lauderdale and Jewel of the Sea tomorrow….. And now all kinds if time to pack and clean and get ready. Not sitting at my desk watching the hour’s sloth by. Sitting by the fire with my daughter coloring (I work at a school but am not a teacher so I can take next week off) Whoohoo, This is better so much better than anything I could have hoped for this is great, fantastic, orgasmic, Yea I said it, give me a break I’ve been married for eight years some things are better than sex….. Speaking of which where’s my wife, hmmm we could….. No wait she had to go to work he he he ho ho ho ……….come on great times.. yea yea

Whoohoo, come on great good times, yea yea, Snow day, Snow day , Snow day. It does not get any better than this, leaving for Fort Lauderdale and Jewel of the Sea tomorrow….. And now all kinds if time to pack and clean and get ready. Not sitting at my desk watching the hour’s sloth by. Sitting by the fire with my daughter coloring (I work at a school but am not a teacher so I can take next week off) Whoohoo, This is better so much better than anything I could have hoped for this is great, fantastic, orgasmic, Yea I said it, give me a break I’ve been married for eight years some things are better than sex….. Speaking of which where’s my wife, hmmm we could….. No wait she had to go to work he he he ho ho ho ……….come on great times.. yea yea

Show DW this thread and it should be an interesting cruise.

Show DW this thread and it should be an interesting cruise.

I am BeachBears DW and read this when I got home from work today (someone has to make the money in order for us to cruise). No worries logan, DH always has a great time on his cruises:p . We got 4-5 inches of snow today and are soooo looking forward to wearing shorts and t-shirts for the next week!!!

Does it snow in the Caribbean?

I think it must !

Many times we had Strange men on the street walk up and say "Snowing Snowing all around me Man":D

But they were never as happy as you, must be Caribbean snow ;)

I think all the prior posters have not been following the news lately (okay, it is not recent news - but that is not the issue). If it does not snow in the Caribbean (as some of you suggest) then where do you think the Jamaican bobsled team practices? Also, if it does not snow in the Caribbean, where do they get the snow for the snow cones? Speaking of which, remember, when you are in snow country, don't eat yellow snow!

Last year on Christmas Day my kids made snowmen in the white sands on Megans Beach in St Thomas, We sat and thought of everyone we left in dull England. It was great - so great we are doing it again this year on the Serenade, only Christmas Day will be a sea day. I am sure we will make more snowmen on another Caribbean beach somewhere in the next couple of weeks!!

Well we are leaving the snow behind-in 45 minutes we head for the airport!!!!:D :D :D :D Will report back on snow conditions, such as they are, on the Western Route of Jewel. Jersey girl-you will be leaving the day we get back. Have a great trip!!!

Smooth sailing to all.............

Whoohoo, come on great good times, yea yea, Snow day, Snow day , Snow day. It does not get any better than this, leaving for Fort Lauderdale and Jewel of the Sea tomorrow…..

Have a really good time, and take care of the ship... Husband and I are sailing on her next weekend!!!

I am BeachBears DW and read this when I got home from work today (someone has to make the money in order for us to cruise). No worries logan, DH always has a great time on his cruises:p . We got 4-5 inches of snow today and are soooo looking forward to wearing shorts and t-shirts for the next week!!!

wink wink, nudge nudge, know what i mean, know what i mean (anyone who doesn't get the reference, its monte python)--

where in upstate NY?

When I was in college (lo those many years ago), my roommate for a year was a Jamaican. I mentioned that he probably had never seen snow and he said that he did one time on the mountain tops.

I think your roommate was pulling your legs, I have never heard of it snowing in the Blue Mountains!! It gets very cold to the top,and sometimes gets frost in "winter" but never heard of snow :)

It does snow in Merida, Venezuela though.

I think your roommate was pulling your legs, I have never heard of it snowing in the Blue Mountains!! It gets very cold to the top,and sometimes gets frost in "winter" but never heard of snow :)

It does snow in Merida, Venezuela though.

I have no reason to believe he was less than serious. He was not that kind of person. Also, since I believed he was serious i googled this article: http://www.jamaicans.com/culture/christmasnow.htm

Note that it says: Well we do not have snow in Jamaica (except for the tip of the Blue Mountain) However we get lots of winds and it is very cold sometimes

Snow = Frost, surely you do not believe it was snowing like what you know snow to be like! The mountains are very high and very cold, so yes, in winter they sometimes (not always) get frost and there is even a grove of frost bitten trees.

Ahem, I also googled it as well.;) Since I live in the Caribbean I was curious to that bit of info.

Snow = Frost, surely you do not believe it was snowing like what you know snow to be like! The mountains are very high and very cold, so yes, in winter they sometimes (not always) get frost and there is even a grove of frost bitten trees.

Ahem, I also googled it as well.;) Since I live in the Caribbean I was curious to that bit of info.

If they can get enough snow in Hawaii for people to ski on, yes I believe there could be, at least on rare occasions, some actual snow at the higher elevations in Jamaica.

MgoBlue I am not going to argue this anymore, you say "snow", I say frost, lets agree to disagree.

Like I said before, I live in the Caribbean, I am currently enjoying the begining of a very sunny day with temps expected to reach 85F, I am also chatting with my girl friend from Jamaica who just got back from college in Miami yesterday and we are having a good laugh at all this.;)

MgoBlue I am not going to argue this anymore, you say "snow", I say frost, lets agree to disagree.

Like I said before, I live in the Caribbean, I am currently enjoying the begining of a very sunny day with temps expected to reach 85F, I am also chatting with my girl friend from Jamaica who just got back from college in Miami yesterday and we are having a good laugh at all this.;)

Well, it's about 15F where I am, so you got me there. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, one last thing though - as someone who lives where we know a lot about snow and frost, I can tell you that anywhere it's cold enough to have frost could potentially have snow.

MgoBlue2,

my girlfriend's father says that it did snow in the Blue Mountains once many, many years ago before our time ( I am 32 so I guess it was a long time ago ;) ) So, unless it is an urban legend, I guess your friend was right and we were wrong!

Archived