New to HAL, couple of questions

jabrown40

As promised, I did try to find the answer to my question using the search function but after 30 minutes or so I'm just going to ask. First of all, what is the rate for the daily service charge per person? I did read that my onboard credit can be used to offset this cost, but couldn't find out how much I would be charged. Secondly, we are receiving the signature beverage package as part of the promotion for the cruise that we just booked, but will I be able to pay the difference on the Veendam to upgrade to the elite package?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

First, there's no need to do an extensive search before asking a question. There are plenty of people here who are happy to help. Scroll down the first page or two looking for a similar topic, then ask if you can't find anything.

The daily Hotel Service Charge is $13.50 per person for people in most cabins. It is $15 per person for those who are in any cabin termed a "suite".

You may or may not be able to pay the difference and upgrade from the Signature Beverage Package to the Elite package. There have been reports that it was done, after some difficulty finding someone willing to do it.

I think I have read where a different poster (also different cruise/different ship) was not able to get it upgraded.

I suspect as time goes on, and more people make the request, it will get easier.

Welcome to the Board. For all kinds of info and answers, including to the question Ruth already answered, go to the HAL site. On the top banner towards the right, click on "Help", then "FAQ". Pick a topic, i,e., your answer is found under "Gratuity".

As promised, I did try to find the answer to my question using the search function but after 30 minutes or so I'm just going to ask. First of all, what is the rate for the daily service charge per person? I did read that my onboard credit can be used to offset this cost, but couldn't find out how much I would be charged. Secondly, we are receiving the signature beverage package as part of the promotion for the cruise that we just booked, but will I be able to pay the difference on the Veendam to upgrade to the elite package?

Welcome to HAL!!!

In addition to posting your questions on here, you should also peruse the HAL "Know Before You Go" pamphlet (copy attached for your convenience) and call HAL Ship Services when you have specific questions (such as what the pricing of "X" will be on the "ABC" cruise) or when you get conflicting or outdated answers on here.

Smooth sailing :ship: :ship: :ship:

KBYG(5).pdf

Edited by avian777