1st cruise for a single mom & 3 boys

bina

Hello everyone,

I would love to do a thanksgiving cruise with my sons (15, 13, and 8)and i am in the process of picking which cruise ship to go on either the Elation (since they moved it FLL) or the imaginations (sp) they are both 5 days. Ifyou have been on either one of them please tell what you thought of cruise was and if you travled with your kids what did they think of the camp program.

Thanks for you help

bina

I just wanted you to know that my sister and I cruised often with our mother when we were young, at it was a great way to go. I am now also a single mom and will be taking my daughters on their first cruise in January. You'll have a great time.

Best,

Mia

Hi there!

I just wanted to let you know that I am a single mom with 4 kids and took my kids on their (and my) first cruise a couple of years a go and we all loved it!! Personally, I find a cruise to be the best way to vacation as a single parent!!

I have never been on either of the ships that you mention but I do cruise on Carnival. I selected this cruiseline because it seemed to be the best match for my family and I was not disappointed! 2 of my kids have also sailed on RCCL.

You can find a lot of info on these ships on the Carnival Message Boards and I would be happy to answer any questions I can about my experiences crusing as a single parent.

It's great to see that I'm not alone! I'm a single mom taking my 8 year old son on our first cruise and it's ecouraging to see that others have enjoyed cruising this way.

We will be on RCCL Voyager of the Seas in February. The kid's club sounds great. I'm looking forward to the fact that we can do things together and I can also relax a bit will he enjoys himself at Adventure Ocean.

thanks for the encouraging words :) I just want to make sure that we all have fun my oldest two want to play basketball and video games the youngest I know will be doing the camp thing i am not sure about the oldest two yet:rolleyes:

Welcome Bina~

I am sure that you will all have a great time. There is no better vacation with kids especially when there is some distance between ages. My daughters and I love to cruise we all have a great time. I usually feed my younger one (age 5) early at the buffet and then drop her off at the kids club. The older one (age 11) sometimes eats dinner with me but often she can't wait to get to her kids programs too. I am sure your older boys will be fine on their own with a few rules although I have often seen the teenagers hanging around together. Have fun!

Angela

Bina - Absolutely the best way to vacation as a single mom. Our first cruise was in '03 and we will be going again in February. My 13 year old son loves it. As many have said, there are plenty of things for you to do together, but your children will be ready to get rid of YOU at a certain point. This is the perfect opportunity for you to relax.

I also met plenty of other single parents and we had a blast together...

you will love cruising with your kids....I myself always take my kids accept for the one honeymoon thing, but now I am single again and plan on taking my 2 kids on freedom in august.....I am one of those moms who cant be without my kids for more than a few hours.....cruising is perfect for everyone because your kids are close and you and them can do fun things either together or apart.....

Thank everyone for your input. My only concern is the camp being that my oldest two are 2 yrs apart they love to compete against each other while playing basketball and things like that. I am sure they will make friends and have fun according to them all they need is a ps2 and a basketball court:D

Archived