first time cruisers

janejane

We are going on the February 18th cruise with Century could anyone please advice us on which shore trips/tours to take. Any tips on what we should do or not do would be most welcome. We will be stopping at St Maarten, Antigua, Barbados and St Lucia.

Thank you

Jill and myself, Dave and Dale (our friends...their first cruise) are on the same cruise. We are all 45-50 years...give me some ideas what your interests are and I'll try to help...we are all avid sailors, so we booked on the America's Cup Challenge in St.Maarten...Dave is a Scuba diver to he'll undoubtably to that...Jill and Dale will shop...I like a cold beer....hope this helps.

Have you cruised before?? If so, what lines/ships.

I think you are new to this so while I try to have a quick lunch, I'll fill you in on a few things...

a) you picked an outstanding ship and great ports of call...the four days at sea, 2+2, are one of the best things about this cruise...the first two days are a great way to rest, explore the ship, meet people and learn the routine.

b) we have sailed this ship a number of times and I can assure you she is beautiful, classy, warm, inviting, non-glitzy and small enough to actually feel like a ship...bigger is NOT better (my opinion).

c) she has a wonderful crew...smile and treat them well, you'll be paid back 10 fold!!

d) Do not try to do everything...you will be exhausted...pick what you really like and do the other things when you book next year...and you will book next year.

I know you may be new to this...but the cruise line is not...relax, everything will flow amazingly well once your trip begins...make sure to have a passport and a good attitude...the rest will just happen.

We are going on the February 18th cruise with Century could anyone please advice us on which shore trips/tours to take. Any tips on what we should do or not do would be most welcome. We will be stopping at St Maarten, Antigua, Barbados and St Lucia.

Thank you

You will probably get answers on this board but there is a port of call board for each of those ports and a seperate board for new cruisers. Welcome aboard.

Archived