Lost Luggage on the Dream June 25, 2017

Hollydugg

I will check with my homeowners insurance. I didn't have the travelers insurance as I did not pay for the trip it was a present to me and sadly the person who bought it didn't purchase it

I hope you find your luggage. Its a shame that if someone accidentally took it, that they didn't contact Carnival saying they had it. It's so easy to pick up someones elses, thinking its theirs. I've chased my bags a few times, I now apply bright strap to mine. Haven't ran down a piece since.

Just an FYI, you can always purchase insurance for a trip that someone else had paid for. You'll just need to know the details of the trip to give to the insurance company.

They lady at Carnival did tell me that it could take a couple of years to get it back if I get it back at all. All my cruises from now on I'm carrying my own luggage off!!!

A couple YEARS??? What the hell? Mighty efficient aren't they?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The staff where you claim your luggage are not carnival employees they are dockworkers. And I also now buy cheap and brightly colored luggage. I have a bright orange one now there's no mistaking that when it comes around a carousel at the airport

Oh No! I hope we don't travel together anytime soon. I just bought 2 bright "Tangerine" bags for the same reason. :D At least mine has Tie Dye fleece ribbons on the handles.

Oh No! I hope we don't travel together anytime soon. I just bought 2 bright "Tangerine" bags for the same reason. :D At least mine has Tie Dye fleece ribbons on the handles.

All of my luggage is now purple and so apparently is a lot of other peoples. Twice I've had people try to take my bag insisting it was theirs. Did you have a luggage tag inside your suitcase ? The ones on the outside tend to get ripped off.

All of my luggage is now purple and so apparently is a lot of other peoples. Twice I've had people try to take my bag insisting it was theirs. Did you have a luggage tag inside your suitcase ? The ones on the outside tend to get ripped off.

I haven't lost a bag but twice the Carnival tag was torn off, so I had to go to the luggage mound by the pursers desk and find mine. After that I always put on 2 tags. That was back with they gave you tags with elastic cords. Now I can hardly get the tags off.

Putting an extra luggage tag inside your bag is always a good idea for precisely this reason. We tend to put the color-printed tags on the outside of the bag and a B&W (or "greyscale") tag inside, just to be on the safe side.

I haven't lost a bag but twice the Carnival tag was torn off, so I had to go to the luggage mound by the pursers desk and find mine. After that I always put on 2 tags. That was back with they gave you tags with elastic cords. Now I can hardly get the tags off.

I took no chances on our cruise two weeks ago. I'd purchased luggage tag holders on eBay with flexible steel cords to secure them to the bag, plus they were sealable and waterproof to protect the actual printed tags. Two per bag on the outside, and another B&W tag inside.

I purchase a roll of brightly colored and patterned duck tape and pack it in my suitcase. Before putting our bags out in the hall on the last night, we put a loop completely around each bag both horizontal and vertical. Makes the bags super easy to spot and pretty hard for someone else to take by mistake. I also put my name, address and phone numbers inside the bags.

The staff where you claim your luggage are not carnival employees they are dockworkers. And I also now buy cheap and brightly colored luggage. I have a bright orange one now there's no mistaking that when it comes around a carousel at the airport.

Check with your homeowners insurance....the above statement about the port personnel is a well know fact and has been discussed many times here over the years (mostly for damaged luggage), this applies to loading and unloading your luggage...

I purchase a roll of brightly colored and patterned duck tape and pack it in my suitcase. Before putting our bags out in the hall on the last night, we put a loop completely around each bag both horizontal and vertical. Makes the bags super easy to spot and pretty hard for someone else to take by mistake. I also put my name, address and phone numbers inside the bags.

I'm just curious, does this leave a sticky residue on the outside of your luggage when you remove the tape?

I also have hot pink yarn tassels I mad on all my pieces even my carry-on bag and tote bags. In case someone walks off with one of our pieces we can quickly identify it. The hot pink tassels really stick out in a crowd.

I put brightly colored nylon wraps on the handles of our luggage. Several years ago, coming home from a trip, I saw a man with a woman in a wheelchair grab my luggage. I ran after him. My DH .... kept saying and then yelling at me "it's NOT your luggage"!! It WAS my luggage. I told him he took my luggage. He looked at the tag and there was my name.

NOW .... ALL of my travels are carry on luggage only. I no longer trust anyone but me with my luggage.

Why remove it?

How are you going to unzip it, if you don't remove the tape?

We rip the tape off immediately before we leave the port. Our suitcases are all softsided fabric and I suppose because the tape has only been stuck on them for a very short period of time, I've never noticed any sticky residue. I've used this method at least a dozen times with no problems at all.

I had good expensive luggage broken by the cruise line or airport. I replaced the luggage with much cheaper luggage and use fabric paint and stencils to make the luggage very identifiable and UGLY! The warranty on the good luggage was USELESS, so it ended up in the trash.

On my last trip with friends, someone insisted their Skyway bag they took off of the carousel was theirs and walked off. We asked them to check please in a minute they were back,they did have the wrong bag (all dirty clothes) glad they checked, theirs showed up a minute later.

I know our friends thought we were bonkers for painting our bags with "NOT YOURS" on it in 6 " day-glo orange paint. Haven't had a mishap since doing this, nobody want to take or steal an ugly bag by mistake or on purpose.