Carnival Glory Reposioning to New Orlens in 2019

jedi bobs

I'd have to look at the numbers, but you think Brownsville departures could have any different itineraries with a 7 day cruise? I think it's still pretty far west.

You’re probably right, but since it’s under 45 minutes from my front door, a guy can dream!

Problem with Brownsville is that there’s this pesky thing called the Mexican border that cuts off 1/2 of the cruising radius for the American market. Folks from San Antonio, Austin and Corpus might appreciate a different departure port, but that experiment already failed miserably with Bayport. One thing Brownsville does have going for it is it’s super easy to get out of, shorter pilot, less fog than Galveston or Bayport.

But if it was even remotely practical at this time, I’m guessing someone would have tried it after Harvey. It would have been a helluva lot closer than Miami, much closer than Mobile and on par with NOLa - and the 3 airports in easy driving distance could easily have handled air passengers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You’re probably right, but since it’s under 45 minutes from my front door, a guy can dream!

Problem with Brownsville is that there’s this pesky thing called the Mexican border that cuts off 1/2 of the cruising radius for the American market. Folks from San Antonio, Austin and Corpus might appreciate a different departure port, but that experiment already failed miserably with Bayport. One thing Brownsville does have going for it is it’s super easy to get out of, shorter pilot, less fog than Galveston or Bayport.

But if it was even remotely practical at this time, I’m guessing someone would have tried it after Harvey. It would have been a helluva lot closer than Miami, much closer than Mobile and on par with NOLa - and the 3 airports in easy driving distance could easily have handled air passengers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ultimately, I think if Carnival keeps adding ships and doesn't sell any, they'll just add more ships to the current ports. Four ships in Galveston (one or two doing 8 day / 6 day sailings with new itineraries, one doing standard 7, one doing the 4 / 5), three ships in NOLA, two in Mobile (new infrastructure would be necessary for this though)