Caribbean Princess Return Flight

cruisetmc

Our flights are scheduled for 11;25 AM and according to more recent reviews I think we should be able to make it. I understand it is a short drive by cab to the airport.

But I would like to further ask.....how organized is it at port? I would think there are like hundreds of people leaving for the airport and looking for cabs....any possibility of lack of such and being stranded at port for longer than expected?

Is it better to keep luggage and debark with it the next morning (I understand this is done prior to anyone else debarking by "colors") and head out as soon as ship has been cleared in order to avoid massive customs lineups and cab issues?

Froufie icon_cool.gif

Our flight is also at 11:25 AM from Ft. Lauderdale. Last time we cruised (March 03) we had a flight at the same time and had no problems. I booked my own air for our Cruise in September. A few days ago I went in to check and the airlines had changed my flights to a 9:50 AM flight, which for me is too close for comfort. So I contacted them and they changed it back to the original 11:25 flight I had chosen. Happy Cruising!!!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=2325FF&cdt=2004;9;25;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 

Caribbean Princess Sep 04

Got off a week ago, we had an 11:20 flight, got to the airport 2 hours ahead of flight time. I did go to the pursers office and get the early off tags, just showed them my intinerary. We went to breakfast at 7 and about 7:30 they called our color. Since our breakfast hadn't even been served yet we took our time, went back to the cabin for our carry-ons and when we got downstairs our lonely ole luggage was the only one sitting in our color. Very easy!! You should be fine.

Sharon

Elation 05/98

Paradise 04/99

Destiny 10/99

Inspiration 05/00

Enchantment of the Seas 10/00

Rhapsody of the Seas 03/01

Carnival Spirit 05/01

Grandeur of the Seas 11/01

Ocean Princess 04/02

Jubilee 09/02

Carnival Conquest 03/03

Serenade of the Seas 11/03

Rhapsody of the Seas 02/04-Daughter's Wedding

Caribbean Princess 06/04

<marquee>SUNSHINE DAYDREAM...GOIN' WHERE THE CLIMATE SUITS MY CLOTHES</marquee>

No problem!

We were off the ship before 8am this morning and waiting around at our gate at the airport by 9.

The airport is less than 10 min from the ship. In fact, I sat and watched the ship from the gate and waved goodbye as we flew over on the way out of town.

Lisa

Oops - forgot to say - plenty of cabs lined up to take the hundreds of folks to the airport. Graham even mentioned in the debarkation talk - I never listen to those but he is just a riot, so I listened in the cabin while packing for a last laugh - that there are more cabs than people.

We had no trouble finding our luggage by color and plenty of porters to lug all that stuff to the curb for you. We did pick up red tags since our flight was before noon. Noone EVER checked our tags getting off the ship FYI.

Lisa

Archived