Advice re: Milan Itinerary?

dcinmb

We'll be spending 1 1/2 days in Milan in a few weeks and would love some feedback and suggestions:

Our tentative itinerary:

MONDAY

• Arrive Malpensa Airport at 18:00
  • Take Malpensa Express to Porta Garibaldi; 5 min. walk to hotel

TUESDAY

• 09:00 - Duomo di Milano - Will purchase the €16.50 Duomo Pass in advance; any other tips for avoiding the crowds?
  • Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II
  • Chiesa di San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiori
  • Castello Sforzesco
  • 17:00 - Il Cenacolo (already have tickets)
  • 20:00 - Nabucco at Teatro alla Scala (already have tickets)

WEDNESDAY

• Morning TBD
  • Noon/early afternoon - Take train to Verona

A few questions:

(1) We plan to visit the Duomo at 09:00 on Tuesday. Per Google Maps, it appears that Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II should be next on our list? After that, should we go to the Chiesa di San Maurizzio al Monastero Maggiore or the Castello Sforzesco?

(2) Any restaurant recommendations in between the Santa Maria delle Grazie and Teatro alla Scala? We're more interested in delicious food than a fancy ambience. Would reservations be necessary?

(3) Any suggestions for Wednesday morning? We plan to take a midday train to Verona but can delay our departure if we need more time in Milan.

(4) Regarding the train to Verona, we're looking at either the Eurocity or the Frecciarossa. We will each have one large and one small suitcase with us and would prefer to keep them near our seats as opposed to by the doors. Would purchasing Eurocity 'First Class' or Frecciarossa 'Premium' or 'Business' Class enable us to keep our luggage with us?

Thank you!!

I'm sorry but are you missing The Last Supper? One of the most incredible sights in Italy if you ask me. I've seen it twice, once in the early 80's and again in 2011. Not to be missed!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We’re seeing The Last Supper (Il Cenacolo) at 5:00 pm. And I’ve only seen it once before (back in the 90s), but agree that it is a must-see!

The first time I saw The Last Supper they let as many people in at a time that were there and it was a bit crazy. Since then they have made great strides in the preservation of The Last Supper. They only allow a small number of people in at a time and there are several chambers you go through before you are in. It looks amazing and was worth the wait. Enjoy!

Ice cream!!!!

Www.chocolatmilano.it

Very near the Last Supper.

A must do stop every time I'm in Milan. As my wife says, stuff the Last Supper. Let's get a post card and go to Chocolat instead. It's that good.

Wow. Not just gelato, but breakfast, lunch and chocolates! We may have to stop by before and after The Last Supper. Thanks for the recommendation!

Pre book your admission tickets for LAST SUPPER.

Be sure to visit the Museum & Shop at La Scala during the day time .

Thanks, kuldalai. We already have our Last Supper tix and are planning to visit the La Scala Museum on Wednesday morning.