If you have ACTUALLY STAYED at a hotel in SJ SINCE Oct 1...please list here

skiiergirl

I have a reservation in Feb. at Hotel Milano. They recently e-mailed me saying they THINK everything will be ok by then. We're doing a transition cruise ending in PR. Picked it so we could have a whole day in PR without worrying about luggage or time. I'm hoping everything will be ok by then.

I got an email from Hotel Milano today (11/27) saying that they were open and have electricity.

Here at La Concha Renaissance now - a breeze disembark today - in the terminal make use of a porter - we were out and directly to a taxi in less than 15mins! Porters are happy for the work and truly valuable to get you through the customs line!

Resort is fully functional - 4 pools open 24/7, Internet, beautiful ocean front room. Lots of shops and restaurants.

Enjoy your vacations!

Thank you for posting! We are booked there for pre-cruise stay on 12/22 :) I do appreciate this update. Enjoy your trip.

Thank you for posting! We are booked there for pre-cruise stay on 12/22 :) I do appreciate this update. Enjoy your trip.

Also appreciate this info. We are there at the end of January and at Stellaris the beginning of Feb. Watching the Super Bowl with my feet in the sand!!! Also turning 60:eek:. Also good to know to have extra cash....

Hi! I have a 10:55 flight booked the day we return in Jan, 21st. If you also leave same day as returning to port, can you report/describe taxi status leaving port and conditions at airport. We will do self assist debark to make it speedier, barring any actual delay in returning. Thank you so much! Enjoy your cruise!!

We did the self-debark on 11/4 and were at the airport by 11:36 a.m. We used the porters at the port terminal, a taxi and the porters at the airport. Using the porters makes everything go faster and smoother. At the airport you need to get your bags checked by the agriculture department and get a sticker on them before you can check them or go through security.

We did the self-debark on 11/4 and were at the airport by 11:36 a.m. We used the porters at the port terminal, a taxi and the porters at the airport. Using the porters makes everything go faster and smoother. At the airport you need to get your bags checked by the agriculture department and get a sticker on them before you can check them or go through security.

11:36 am? I guess I'm going to miss my flight then. Were you one of the first people off, because that's my intention. Not to CASUALLY walk off with my stuff but to hustle when the announcement that customs is cleared is made.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Luvmypetz

A little concerned about time it took to get to the airport? What time did your ship dock and shat time did you disembark? 11:36am seems late? Are there delays with getting a taxi?

11:36 am? I guess I'm going to miss my flight then. Were you one of the first people off, because that's my intention. Not to CASUALLY walk off with my stuff but to hustle when the announcement that customs is cleared is made.

A little concerned about time it took to get to the airport? What time did your ship dock and shat time did you disembark? 11:36am seems late? Are there delays with getting a taxi?

I think that must be a typo!?!? SJU embarkation is usually very speedy (unless the ship is coming in from a TA). We are usually less than hour from ship to airport gate and we do NOT do "self-assist /walk-off" luggage. While I most definitely would not recommend it...we have actually made a 9:30 flight the last two years! (We did not/would not book those early flights but the airline moved the flight up both years so we thought we would give it a try. Very stressful but we made it!

Hi! I have a 10:55 flight booked the day we return in Jan, 21st. If you also leave same day as returning to port, can you report/describe taxi status leaving port and conditions at airport. We will do self assist debark to make it speedier, barring any actual delay in returning. Thank you so much! Enjoy your cruise!!
See this recent post of mine

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=54626380&postcount=9

Sent from my P027 using Forums mobile app

Sorry, that was a typo. We were at the airport at 7:36 am.

I read on this thread that Comfort Inn Condado San Juan was canceling rooms through Feb. 2018. I checked online and they were showing rooms unavailable through May 2018. Our reservations were for three non-refundable rooms for March 10, 2018. I called the hotel direct and was told that our reservations needed to be canceled and a refund would be issued. She went through the process of canceling all 3 rooms and gave me a cancellation number for each. She made copies for herself to give to the manager to issue a refund for the rooms and said the refunds would be processed asap. She told me that she worked from 2 pm until 10 pm Tuesdays through Fridays. I could tell that the system she was using to make the cancellations was going slow and giving her some problems, but she seemed very competent in what she was doing. I have already booked another hotel that is currently honoring reservations and has received decent reviews, but, while searching, I found that many require a 2 night minimum stay which would not work for us. Hope this information helps someone.

On 11/25 we were in group number 15 and sitting in the MDR at 8:30am. Our number was called, we disembarked and found our bags, waited in the non-porter CBE line, got a taxi and were at the airport by 9:30am.

In San Juan now. We are not in a hotel, but are at a condo. All is well in Isla Verde. Grocery store well stocked and prices are normal for the island. There are many stoplights out. Driving to town from our room, we saw downed power lines and some downed corrugated steel roofs. Trees are green, palm trees look tired but quite alive. Water can be had for $.99 a gallon.

Currently at the Dream Inn for 4 nights. It’s amazing. Love the area. Beach is fantastic. Everything is pretty much open and back to normal. Clean up efforts are visible but in no way interfering w tourist travel as far as I can see. Power is back. Credit cards accepted in most places. We are really loving our pre-cruise stay in San Juan.

Ps. Kasalta, B de Burro, and Pirilo pizza are all fabulous places for a bite to eat.

La Concha is fully open and ready. Checked in about an hour ago. Today (12/1) is their “official” reopening day.

Thanks for this update. We are there in late December. Enjoy the cruise[emoji568]

We, too, are at La Concha. We were upgraded to a Suite but only one of the two elevators is working at this point. The airport is in good shape and the Taxi Queue was one of the best organized we’ve ever seen. Very talkative driver. He earned his tip. CVS and Walgreen’s are, as reported, open. No boxed wine, if you know what I mean, but plenty of other choices on sale.

Frank in dark and warm SJU