Where does Princess sail out of in LA?

marciemi

Last year I went on the Diamond out of San Pedro, but seem to remember that was a fairly recent change from Long Beach. My mom is planning a Sapphire cruise in February and is trying to coordinate air and hotel for the night before. I assured her you guys would know where they currently sail out of! Is it Long Beach or San Pedro? Any hotel recommendations for whichever port it is? Thanks!

Everthing I see indicates San Pedro. The Pre-Cruise board has quite a bit of discussion on the few hotels near San Pedro, as well those around whichever airport you choose to use.

We will be flying into Long Beach (LGB)airport in March for a cruise on the Sapphire. LAX and John Wayne Organe County airport (SNA) tend to have more flight options.

Hi, it is San Pedro as of now. But if your mother books a hotel in Long Beach it is no problem, it is a short cab ride from San Pedro , I think it is $25. None of the hotels in LB offer shuttles to SP. But there are more and nicer hotels in LB. Bit more to do either pre or post cruise there. Hope this helps.

Cori

It's very rare that Long Beach is used for Princess. Whenever the local news stations show the port of LB as a weather shot, I may see a Carnival whale fin near the Queen Mary, but I don't recall ever seeing any other ship docked there.

San Pedro is pretty close to LB. But you wouldn't want to go to the wrong one on the afternoon of your cruise and risk getting caught in traffic. Talk to your TA, check cruisecal.com and the websites for the ports of San Pedro and Long Beach just to double check.

Archived