Mazatlan & Papantla Flyers

willbrook

We are interested in seeing the 'Papantla Flyers' while in Mazatlan in February. Does one need to be on a commercial excursion, i.e. ships's tour, or are performances available for the general public? Can tickets be purchased at the venue? Where and how often are performances? Thanks for any assistance. Dick

We are interested in seeing the 'Papantla Flyers' while in Mazatlan in February. Does one need to be on a commercial excursion, i.e. ships's tour, or are performances available for the general public? Can tickets be purchased at the venue? Where and how often are performances? Thanks for any assistance. Dick

There is very little information available on the internet concerning show times and entry fees. They do their show at the Mazatlan Arts & Craft Center. Try this site http://www.mexicoexpo.com/pages/p_mazatl.html The flyers are listed near the botton of the web page. Leads me to believe that you can see the show without being part of a paid ship excursion.

DW & I took in the show in 2002 as part of a larger excursion. I remember that there was a ticket booth at the entrance to the show area.

FYI ... There is a very similar show that takes place on the Malecon in Puerto Vallarta. We happened upon it on a Friday (or Saturday) night around 8 PM.

Enjoy!

We have seen the Papantla Flyers three times on our own - the secret is being there about half an hour before the tours come - we took a taxi from the ship. One time we were turned away because the venue was full. I seem to recall a charge of $10 each a few years ago. There are also shopping, clean lavatories, and a free beer with entrance. Nancy

Archived