Regal Princess October 14 to 21, 2017 New England/Canada

Bimmer09

Norris,

Hope you and Carol enjoy your Crown experience. I am looking forward to your thoughts on A, B, C and the Crown itself.

Buon Viaggio e godetevi la vostra crociera!

Trip

Trip, I'm just seeing this now- 2 months later!

Internet was slow on the Crown so I didn't catch up on CC.

I love the Italian!! Grazie mille!

Norris

Hi, Norris,

I found your review because I just booked a 2019 Quebec-New York cruise. Little did I know I was in for such a treat! Thank you so much for all of the time and effort you put into your beautiful photography and commentary. (Your name popped up when you kindly commented on my first and only review of our Alaska cruise. Writing that review gave me a tiny appreciation of what you do to create these magical reviews for your followers.) I read the entire review in one sitting, and then got myself in trouble by starting to read one of your Alaska reviews into the wee small hours. Finally had to stop myself, since I had to get up early and go to work the next day.

If I recall, you might be on another cruise now? Hope you and your lovely wife Carol are having a splendid time. I'll definitely follow your review when you post it, and hope to eventually read through all of them.

Thanks for taking us along on your travels!

(I'm sure I'll have questions for you as my Canadian cruise gets closer.)

Janet

Janet, sorry I missed responding to you at the time this was written as I was off CC for the duration of our Crown cruise back in mid January. When we have a little more time at our disposal we hope to do a Canada cruise that visits Quebec. Our 8 day Crown was our longest yet on the water. Glad you read and liked this Regal review. Thanks for the compliments and for being curious enough to read one of my 3 Alaska reviews. We have enjoyed every minute of our Alaskan cruises and will return. Which one did you read? Star Princess?

I am close to finishing the Crown review so please stay tuned...

Cheers!

Norris

I dropped off the boards for a while Norris. I just got too frustrated with our internet out here in the sticks. And I started reading a lot more. Here is my report card; I finished your Regal review; and I went back to your Coral review to get the name of the Helicopter tour you did in Juneau; my brother and his family are headed to their first Alaska cruise in May and I thought it would be something they would enjoy (we did whale watching). And I now I am headed over to your January ABC cruise!

Your finish with New York blew my socks off. I cannot imagine the hustle and bustle and concrete way of life. I am a native Texan, with lots of hills and trees all around me where we live in the Hill Country. Even growing up in Houston we lived far enough out to have lots of green around. The views of New York through your lens were amazing. I loved how you and Carol met through the opera there.

I have already had several slow moments and internet fails this morning finishing your Regal cruise but such is life. I am headed over to your January cruise!!

Hi and my apologies for not seeing this when it was written as my mind was elsewhere.

I hope your brother has booked his helicopter tour in Juneau. Thrill of a lifetime for us!

I'm glad you liked the New York pictures-the Architectural Tour allowed us to see the skyline without being in the crowded streets and was therefore relaxing and a good use of the short time we had. We have been to New York so many times and I have so many photos but as they were long before the Regal cruise I didn't use any of them to flesh the piece out for people who may never have been there.

I lived in London, England for years beginning when I was 18 and came from a fishing village with a population of 1,000 (then) but adapted to the big city quickly.This is my 20th year living in Chicago so I am used to big city life.

Slow Internet would cause me to gnash my teeth and take my mind back to 1996 when I first had a computer (a Compaq) with AOL and dial-up. That involved hours sometimes just trying to get on the web and a lot of swearing and forehead slapping! I feel your pain.

Cheers and thanks for reading all this stuff I write!

Norris

• 1 month later...
Just wanted to say we did the Classic boat Architecture tour today in NYC. It was great. A highlight of our weekend. Also give Carol a thank you for the goldstar coupon. Pam

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Pam, I'm glad you got a chance to take that marvelous tour. It was a highlight for us too! I will pass on your thanks to Carol re the savings.

Thanks for letting us know!

Norris

• 3 months later...