Group OBC/TA question

We have 9 cabins booked for an upcoming cruise, but two couples have to cancel due to new jobs. That puts us down to 7 which causes us to lose the $75 obc/cabin and the free berth for 1 person. This group is with one TA. We have friends that are also going, but they use a different TA and are not in our group.

Is there anyway to get them in our group so we can get back to 8 cabins? My TA says no, but I would like to ask here to make sure.as she has been wrong about stuff in the past.

We have 9 cabins booked for an upcoming cruise, but two couples have to cancel due to new jobs. That puts us down to 7 which causes us to lose the $75 obc/cabin and the free berth for 1 person. This group is with one TA. We have friends that are also going, but they use a different TA and are not in our group.

Is there anyway to get them in our group so we can get back to 8 cabins? My TA says no, but I would like to ask here to make sure.as she has been wrong about stuff in the past.

Your friends would have to transfer their reservation to your TA. This can only happen if the TA your friends are currently using agrees to lose the booking.

Your friends would have to transfer their reservation to your TA. This can only happen if the TA your friends are currently using agrees to lose the booking.

That's what I was hoping not to hear. They are getting a ton of obc from their TA and won't switch. The free berth and $75 per cabin comes to around $1400. I'm wondering if I should just book the cheapest inside cabin and use it for a kids play pen.

You will lose the free berth if you fall below 8 cabins, but you should not lose the OBC if it was based on gap points that were available to the for the group as that should be protected if they were assigned as a Royal Recognition Gift

The amount you are quoting would appear to be a single person's cost. As mentioned above, the amount that is credited as a free berth is cruise fare only (minus what is called non-commissionable and taxes). So the amount may well be much lower.

If you TA has you in a group, he or she created the group and opened it up for booking. Then they started moving reservations into the group. The "tour conductor" credit, which is the free berth for 8 or more double occupancy cabins, is just that. The $75 OBC that you get for being in the group should not be affected if you lost 2 of your cabins. I have had groups opened before that only ended up having 1 or 2 cabins in them and the group OBC is still given. That's assigned to the group by Royal when opened. It is not dependent on the number of cabins in the group. The poster above me said exactly what I am saying, so I'd check again.

You should check with your agent about that. If they are saying you're losing the group OBC now that 2 cabins have dropped out, I'd be surprised and wonder what they are actually doing.

Thanks for the help on this. I checked and it's over $2000 for the cheapest cabin right now, so I'm not going that route.

I'll send the TA an email and see what she says about the $75. We started the group with Royal and then transferred to a TA after a month.