Teen club age limits

I have a 15 and 18 year old, and noticed that the age limit for the teen club is 17 and the adult clubs is 18. I had hoped the two of them could hang out together, esp the 18 year old being able to go to teen area. Ideas from other parents? Are the staff pretty rigid about these requirements? Thanks!

I was on Serenade in Oct and my 19 year old DD spent time in the teen club with our 15 year old DS. I guess it depends on the staff that is there.
I have to say that I am rather disappointed to hear this. One of the comforts (for a parent) of the teen club is knowing that your under-18 teen is NOT being exposed to older influences, just other young teens. If they let your 19 year old in, they're not looking out for the best interests of the kids who are SUPPOSED to be in there. (and just because "your" kid is ok, blah, blah, blah, doesn't make it right. They don't know ahead of time who is "okay" and who is NOT. That's why there's an age limit.)

JMO. YMMV.

I'm already thinking ahead to this, too. We are going on our first cruise with my daughter who is a high school junior and 17. Her birthday is in October, so if we took a cruise next year, she would be 18 and still in high school. I'm much rather she be in teen program.

The poster who said that their older teen spent time in the teen club may have been referring to during the day when there were no scheduled activities -- the teen room is open to hang-out all the time.

As for organized activities and the teen disco, the staff are very strict. They won't even allow a 15 year old in the room during the 12-14 year olds' disco-time. They do have a roster of passengers who are eligible for the teen club and also check sea pass cards (your 18 year old will have a different designation on their card because they are old enough to consume beer & wine with parental consent -- and this is the reason they strictly keep 18+ out of the teen center).

Archived