Ideas for Pre-Cruise Dinner Celebration in Miami

TexasPirate

Ok ok - I know that title is wide open... So let me help you narrow it down.

We'll be sailing RC Navigator of the Seas out of Miami for the December Holiday cruise. This cruise is to celebrate my daughters 16th birthday. There will be 7 of us (Myself, DW, DD(15), DD(13), and my daughters BFF and her parents. Side note - All 3 girls will be celebrating a birthday on this cruise. 2 turning 16 and 1 turning 14!

I would really like to start the trip off with a fun dinner the night before the cruise. I was thinking Margaritaville up in Hollywood since we love that place, however, I wasn't planning to rent a car and it looks like an Uber or Taxi could cost $150 or more round trip from the Miami airport area for 7 of us. (Side note - we've stayed at Margaritaville prior to cruising out of Fort Lauderdale)

We've never sailed out of Miami so don't have any clue to restaurants in Miami Airport - South Beach area. (Google hasn't lead me to anything either) I'm sure there are many, many great restaurants in that area. I am looking for a fun one for teen girls that will kind of help us make a big deal out of the girls birthdays. Not too fancy, but not too boring either....

Any ideas of a great place to start this celebration?

Hmmmmm. There’s The Yardbird which is very good. Not sure about the fun factor but it’s very lively and you’ll need reservations and the manager seemed the type to make a deal out of birthdays

Thank you - That at least gives me something to look into! I have no problem making reservations, I even considered calling the manager of whatever we decide.... I kind of want these girls to feel like rock stars that night. We'll see how it goes!

Thanks again

Third for Barton G. It is not cheap, but man they will feel like they are superstars, its great place for a celebration. I typically don't recommend it honestly, because for the price there are nicer places, but for this type of occasion I think it fits the bill really really well. I would also say Yardbird is a great place, love the food, great location near Lincoln Road.