Pre booking Epicurean?

Nancy48

Hi - we are on Azura in February and we want to book a table in Epicurean for our 50th wedding anniversary which is on a port day. There will be six of us - I know that Pre booking on the Personaliser will mean paying up front, but I also know booking once on board means we can use obc and perhaps even get a deal on price or wine. As we want a specific date I guess we need to book online but just wondering what others think? We have never used the Speciality restaurants on P & O. before so not sure how busy they get.

Many thanks,

Sue

Epicurean is rarely completely full. Formal nights attract the most bookings and they will be usually on sea days. Offers tend to be for early dining times, although it does depend on how bookings are going for that cruise. For such a special occasion I would book now and use on board credit for a spa/salon appointment and/or a special wine to further enhance the occasion.

Epicurean is rarely completely full. Formal nights attract the most bookings and they will be usually on sea days. Offers tend to be for early dining times, although it does depend on how bookings are going for that cruise. For such a special occasion I would book now and use on board credit for a spa/salon appointment and/or a special wine to further enhance the occasion.

I booked online for new years eve on Ventura and it wasn't totally full and less so on the night of January 1st.

Depending on the length of the cruise if you are not date specific you could go straight to Epicuriun restaurant when you board.

Hi - we are on Azura in February and we want to book a table in Epicurean for our 50th wedding anniversary which is on a port day. There will be six of us - I know that Pre booking on the Personaliser will mean paying up front, but I also know booking once on board means we can use obc and perhaps even get a deal on price or wine. As we want a specific date I guess we need to book online but just wondering what others think? We have never used the Speciality restaurants on P & O. before so not sure how busy they get.

Many thanks,

Sue

As it is a very special anniversary (congratulations!), I would strongly advise you to pre book. It does unfortunately mean that you won’t get any loyalty discount, but that’s a small price to pay for the certainty of being able to celebrate your special event on the exact date and time that you want. The free wine is only house wine and only for the first 30-60 minutes that the restaurant opens, so you won’t miss much if you don’t go for that offer. I wouldn’t be misled by people telling you that the restaurant is rarely full. It is not uncommon for the P&O Select Dining restaurants to look half empty yet if you try to get in and haven’t booked the restaurant manager will tell you that they are full.

I also think that as it is a special anniversary you should pre book. You will still get your loyalty discount. I think it Is a shame that you can't use

OBC for this but there you go. I have never known every table in Epicurian to be taken when we have been. I think their timing is carefully arranged to give you the excellent service you are paying for.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Forums mobile app

Thank you everyone for your helpful advice. I have decided to prebook, as many of you say, it is such an important occasion for us it would be a shame to miss it because we think we might get a free bottle of cheap wine! But I do appreciate all your comments they helped me get things into perspective.

Nancy

Thank you everyone for your helpful advice. I have decided to prebook, as many of you say, it is such an important occasion for us it would be a shame to miss it because we think we might get a free bottle of cheap wine! But I do appreciate all your comments they helped me get things into perspective.

Nancy

Hope you have a wonderful cruise and meal to celebrate your 50th wedding anniversary.

As it is a very special anniversary (congratulations!), I would strongly advise you to pre book. It does unfortunately mean that you won’t get any loyalty discount, but that’s a small price to pay for the certainty of being able to celebrate your special event on the exact date and time that you want. The free wine is only house wine and only for the first 30-60 minutes that the restaurant opens, so you won’t miss much if you don’t go for that offer. I wouldn’t be misled by people telling you that the restaurant is rarely full. It is not uncommon for the P&O Select Dining restaurants to look half empty yet if you try to get in and haven’t booked the restaurant manager will tell you that they are full.

Hi Selbourne, in case you didn’t know you do get discounts on bookings through the personaliser, also if there is an offer on the ship in a restaurant that would have applied to you had you not booked on the personaliser they do uphold this (e.g. refund your card and charge the lower offer cost to your account) they do this automatically you don’t even have to ask.

Usually prebooked trips are 5% cheaper than onboard. We had a 5% discount on a trip which P&O cancelled, I asked them to apply the discount to the new trip which they replaced it with (as it was no fault of mine) - you would have thought I’d ask them to dye their hair pink - they did it reluctantly and then told me they wouldn’t charge for the cancellation either! I could begin a rant about how awful the excursions team were but I will quit now [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Selbourne, in case you didn’t know you do get discounts on bookings through the personaliser, also if there is an offer on the ship in a restaurant that would have applied to you had you not booked on the personaliser they do uphold this (e.g. refund your card and charge the lower offer cost to your account) they do this automatically you don’t even have to ask.

Usually prebooked trips are 5% cheaper than onboard. We had a 5% discount on a trip which P&O cancelled, I asked them to apply the discount to the new trip which they replaced it with (as it was no fault of mine) - you would have thought I’d ask them to dye their hair pink - they did it reluctantly and then told me they wouldn’t charge for the cancellation either! I could begin a rant about how awful the excursions team were but I will quit now [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks Florry. Yes, you are correct, I was muddling up the fact that you can't get loyalty discount on board until all OBC is used up. You can indeed get discount on pre-bookings made via the Cruise Personaliser - I have done so many times. Didn't know about the on board offers being matched though. Every little helps!