Saunders Beach vs. Montagu Beach

Pandot

Hi all.

Travelling with 4 year old and 8 year old over spring break an in Nassau for a full day. Trying not to break the bank (this was not a planned cruise) and have done some research. Apparently Saunders and Montagu Beach are in close proximity to the cruise port and might meet our needs.

Any preference here as to why you would choose one over the other? Any rough ideas on Taxi fare, to and from?

Thanks in advance.

Andrea

Hi.

I've just been to Saunders Beach in May and it was great! We actually took the #10 jitney (local bus) from McDonalds for $1.25 per person. Super easy and the driver will tell you when you get to Saunders Beach. It's not very far - maybe a 5 or 6 minute ride on bus. I can't imagine taxi fare would be much more than $15 - 20 each way (?!), but I'm not sure.

I'll attach some pictures of the beach area. There is a Shell gas station across the street from the beach if you want to grab chips or drinks. Also a Pizza Hut and KFC. There is a big public restroom facility right on the beach. You probably won't see any other cruise passengers there - it will be very quiet. We brought a ball to toss and a flexible frisbee to throw. There are three "cove" areas along the beach. Beautiful, warm, calm water and SOFT sand.

It's close enough if you guys wanted to go to the zoo (Ardastra Gardens) before or after, you'd have plenty of time. They have a cool flamingo show. I think it costs $18. per adults and maybe $9. per child. We've taken the bus to get there also. You get off at the "Fish Fry" / Arawak Cay. From that McDonalds stop in the cruise port area, it's only about 4 or 5 short stops. Then Saunders Beach is maybe another 2 or 3 stops from there.

Hope that helps a little. I've never been to Montagu Beach, as far as I know.

pdf Saunders Beach Nassau.pdf