Royal Carribbean not single cruiser friendly!!,!

fishn4sun

I just managed to book a Guarantee cabin myself for the Navigator of the Seas transatlantic crossing from Miami in April. Including the pre pay gratuities it worked out at roughly £1150. Plus when they emailed me my room details I have an inside virtual balcony room..

I assume i have been lucky....

I price both ways and book solo only if the price is the same (or lower, although I haven't seen that yet). Mostly I book as though a friend is coming with me, and then have them be a "no show". I have always just called up the crown and anchor society after points are assigned to tell them I didn't get double points for solo - they look at the cabin roster and say "Oh yes, I see that you were the only person in that cabin", and then they assign the double points.

I agree, I just priced a 7 day southern Caribbean on Jewel in April, for 1 person = $1127, 2 people = $848...that's like a no brainer!?! Obviously, just book it for 2 people and just have one person "not show up". I mean, for that big of a price difference you could pay for somebody to go. I don't understand why RCCL would do this, such a big difference like this at least. I know the whole "people will spend money onboard" argument, but will they really spend nearly $300? Yes, I do, but I've traveled with groups who didn't even spend $200 between husband and wife.

I agree, I just priced a 7 day southern Caribbean on Jewel in April, for 1 person = $1127, 2 people = $848...that's like a no brainer!?! Obviously, just book it for 2 people and just have one person "not show up". I mean, for that big of a price difference you could pay for somebody to go. I don't understand why RCCL would do this, such a big difference like this at least. I know the whole "people will spend money onboard" argument, but will they really spend nearly $300? Yes, I do, but I've traveled with groups who didn't even spend $200 between husband and wife.

That is about the same as what I posted. It seems RCL don't want solo cruisers. Reasons must be it is bad for their bottom line. So if solo still want to go on the ships RCL want them to really pay for it. In this part of the world Costa don't accept solo.

So I would always check the price for 2 before I book solo and not assume it is just less 1 pax taxes and gratuities.

Edited by SG007