Our Honeymoon Escape- Photo Review, Western Caribbean 14th Oct 2017

SquishTheWhale

Le Bistro was excellent on our cruise...definitely one of our top 2 meals. And it is not eclectic French so I am sure you could find something that you like. Cagneys was our first night and is a little foggy but Le Bistro was better IMO.

Congratulations by the way! :)

Agree! Cagneys is IMO over rated. Atmosphere is cry nice a me bistro as well...nice for a romantic dinner or a quiet relaxed meal.

37957020106_947de699b6_z.jpg

Don't let NCL or anyone else fool you. That is NOT a Philly Cheesesteak! :')

Next time you come back to visit be sure to stop in Philadelphia for a real one.

Glad you guys had a great vacation!

Thanks guys! I have a quiet moment at work so I can continue (not that I'd ever be on CC while at work... of course...)

For dinner we went to the Manhattan room. We always used the Manhattan for dinner rather than the two casual MDRs- we like the entertainment they put on, and we prefer to dress a little for dinner. On this cruise we saw people in the evening dressed in everything from shorts and Tshirt to tuxes and ball gowns!

Menu pics, I'm afraid these are a little dark. I have a 'document' setting on my camera which captures them a lot better, but I always forget to use it.

38073332831_a2463d500b_k.jpg

24220570128_5ead2adcc2_k.jpg

24220550678_32ed5120d8_k.jpg

They had a band playing in the Manhattan that night, which was nice. We had a great table right by the dance floor.

I had the french onion soup to start, and H had the sushi

37363742204_8ee8030703_k.jpg

24220522898_c04b50a77e_k.jpg

The soup was good but I remember it being cheesier. H liked his sushi but he wishes they had tuna... I guess tuna is expensive! He's eaten loads of tuna sushi this trip while we were in Orlando so he can't complain really.

I had the lasagna off the classic menu for my main, it was pretty good. Overall we found all the food this cruise really good.

38042308902_73511338d8_k.jpg

H had the Szchuan chicken for main, which he enjoyed. I think I tried it and found it a little sweet.

26296964299_e3de225440_k.jpg

Dessert menu!

24220493438_3500485f06_k.jpg

I was kind of full so went for the Caribbean pineapple, H had the warm chocolate lava cake which we all know is good. My absolutley favorite dessert on our last cruise was the white chocolate red velvet mousse in the MDR, and I never saw it this cruise. I think they had it on one of the nights we had speciality dining *cry*

38073235121_2f6de8df89_k.jpg

37363695184_13dae3cca2_k.jpg

After dinner we went to the Not So Newlywed show. Oh my god it was so funny! Andre is absolutley brilliant when he hosts these shows. They had a huge amount of couples wanting to be on the show, so the 'Tarzan and Jane' try outs they do took forever, but they were so funny we didn't mind. I didn't dare put my hand up for the 'most recently married couple', but even so we wouldn't have been picked as the most newly married was only 3 days! I guess at 3 months we aren't newlyweds anymore haha.

38073206981_696f3d5547_k.jpg

38073195491_38efa070aa_k.jpg

Sadly we had to leave before the end as we had After Midnight booked at 10pm and the gameshow really went on. I tried to catch the end on the cabin TV, although they did show it I always seemed to tune in when it was the Mr Sexy Legs competition. Either way, if you miss any of the game shows they do show them again on the Activities TV channel.

We got to the theatre about 15 minutes before showtime and had our pick of seats, it really wasn't busy. I thought we were going to be too late as we like to sit down front! I feel like the theatre was only half full when we started, which seems unusual to me for the opening night of a main show. Maybe everybody was watching the Newlywed show!

We both really love musical theatre- we often see West End (Broadway) shows in London, we've seen Mamma Mia, Grease, Rocky Horror, Ghost, Book of Mormon, Wicked, Phantom, Legally Blonde, Cats, probably some more I forget, and we loved Priscilla on the Epic and saw it twice. The cast of After Midnight are very talented and work incredibly hard to put on the show. I feel really really bad for saying this- and you can probably guess where I'm going- I just didn't enjoy it that much. It was partly the lack of a plot, although we loved Burn the Floor and that doesn't have a plot. Maybe I just don't like 20s music. I enjoyed a couple of the more upbeat songs- 'Don't Advertise Your Man!' being a favorite- but the majority I found a bit dull. I wasn't that keen on the 'leading lady' (I say it like this because I didn't feel like she was the lead, but apparently she was)- her songs were very slow and drawn out. Tap dancing is cool I guess, but I can only watch it for so long. The leading lady had her own show that you had to pay for in the Supper Club- no thanks love, I think we saw enough of you at After Midnight! I know literally nothing about music so have no right to judge, but I didn't feel like her voice was even that great.

Ugh, now I sound like a complete Philistine don't I? I'm sure it's art and I just missed the point. I'm just glad it was only an hour, which left it just about enjoyable rather than boring. We did get a picture with the cast after the show though, because yay, picture!

It was kind of late when the show finished, so we had a little walk around, checked out our photos in the gallery and hunted down any of ours on the wall- your ropes course ones will end up on here- and then off to bed!

Next up, first port, Roatan!