RCCL port process

rvoice100

hi all,

Heading onto a western Caribbean cruise on the Allure, stops at Nassau, Cozumel, Roatan and Costa Maya. haven’t heard much about the actual process during the various stops. I’ve looked on my itinerary, it says what days were at port and when were at sea but I don’t see any particular timings anywhere....

1) how long are the stops or do they vary by cruise?

2) Do you have to head through immigration to get into the country’s and back through customs or security like at an airport? Or is the process completely different.

3)Is there a certain time you should be back to port ie. if it’s meant to leave at 1800 do you have to get back by 1700? Don’t want to be a pier runner lol

4) are the ships noticeably quiet on port days?

Many thanks

hi all,

Heading onto a western Caribbean cruise on the Allure, stops at Nassau, Cozumel, Roatan and Costa Maya. haven’t heard much about the actual process during the various stops. I’ve looked on my itinerary, it says what days were at port and when were at sea but I don’t see any particular timings anywhere....

1) how long are the stops or do they vary by cruise? They vary.

2) Do you have to head through immigration to get into the country’s and back through customs or security like at an airport? Or is the process completely different. Not usually an issue in the Caribbean. The ship takes care of it.

3)Is there a certain time you should be back to port ie. if it’s meant to leave at 1800 do you have to get back by 1700? Don’t want to be a pier runner lol. We usually make sure to be back early. The ship posts a time you are required to be back.

4) are the ships noticeably quiet on port days? Usually.

Many thanks

Hope this helps

hi all,

1) how long are the stops or do they vary by cruise?

2) Do you have to head through immigration to get into the country’s and back through customs or security like at an airport? Or is the process completely different.

3)Is there a certain time you should be back to port ie. if it’s meant to leave at 1800 do you have to get back by 1700? Don’t want to be a pier runner lol

4) are the ships noticeably quiet on port days?

Many thanks

Hi,

1. The stops do vary, but they are published. You should be able to find the times on RCI's website.

2. No, you are able to walk on and off the ship with your photo ID and SeaPass card. There is some security coming back for scanning bags, but its not like a whole customs experience.

3. Most of the time, the all aboard time is 30 minutes prior to departure. I have never been back later than 1 hour prior to departure.

4. Most of the time yes... and I enjoy staying on for that reason.

Have a great cruise.