Carnival Sunshine 10/26-10/30 - AKA Neighbors Behaving Badly

TAYLORCPA

I am a smoker, but I consider myself a considerate one. I smoke in designated areas and make my way up to the deck to smoke. I get it and understand that non-smokers don't want to smell or inhale my smoke. It does stink. Sorry that happened.

On our first cruise on the Liberty, we had a balcony with no issues except for a rambunctious child next door. At times we could smell smoke but that was an infrequent occurrence. We had such a great time that we booked another cruise. Our next cruise was on The Dream out of New Orleans, and we had the worst neighbours you can imagine. They were smoking on their balcony, swearing, screaming, and spitting on the deck below. We phoned GS (as others did) many, many times but they never seemed to get a handle on the situation. After the cruise I wrote a scathing letter to carnival but I did not receive a reply. We loved the ship, the ports but many of the fellow passengers seemed to be drunk and obnoxious. I vowed to never sail on Carnival but 3 years later I'm booked on a Mexican Riviera cruise on The Splendor. I hope I did not make a mistake!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Forums mobile app

And you recorded them or took pictures of them in the act, correct?

And you recorded them or took pictures of them in the act, correct?

No, did not even think of recording or taking pictures. I would be worried that doing this could lead to an altercation. I wanted Carnival staff to deal with them and guest services certainly knew they were a problem and would act promptly. To make it worse, our neighbours were travelling in a big group so they would go back and forth to a couple of inside cabins. Their behaviour definitely got worse later in the cruise. My husband kept phoning guest services and we put in ear plugs if it was night and sadly avoided the balcony if they were out there during the day. Luckily our 6 year old little boy slept through the noise and was oblivious to what was going on. In fact he still talks about all the wonderful things he did during the trip and how beautiful the ship was. We travel extensively all over the world and have never encountered this extreme a situation. It really was such a shame because everything else was great about the trip. We loved The Dream and our extra week in New Orleans and like I said previously, this was so different from our experience on The Liberty . At the end of the trip, we talked to two women on the other side of us and they thanked us for calling guest services. They said they were completely intimidated by this big group and they too had never had such a terrible experience. I really hope we have a repeat of our Liberty experience on our next cruise out of Long Beach. This time we are travelling with family and my 9 year old is so excited to show his two cousins the ship. He's already watching videos on The Splendor and planning what to do when he gets on board. We will end our trip by driving down to San Diego and then going to our favourite place to relax in California, Palm Springs!

No, did not even think of recording or taking pictures. I would be worried that doing this could lead to an altercation. I wanted Carnival staff to deal with them and guest services certainly knew they were a problem and would act promptly. To make it worse, our neighbours were travelling in a big group so they would go back and forth to a couple of inside cabins. Their behaviour definitely got worse later in the cruise. My husband kept phoning guest services and we put in ear plugs if it was night and sadly avoided the balcony if they were out there during the day. Luckily our 6 year old little boy slept through the noise and was oblivious to what was going on. In fact he still talks about all the wonderful things he did during the trip and how beautiful the ship was. We travel extensively all over the world and have never encountered this extreme a situation. It really was such a shame because everything else was great about the trip. We loved The Dream and our extra week in New Orleans and like I said previously, this was so different from our experience on The Liberty . At the end of the trip, we talked to two women on the other side of us and they thanked us for calling guest services. They said they were completely intimidated by this big group and they too had never had such a terrible experience. I really hope we have a repeat of our Liberty experience on our next cruise out of Long Beach. This time we are travelling with family and my 9 year old is so excited to show his two cousins the ship. He's already watching videos on The Splendor and planning what to do when he gets on board. We will end our trip by driving down to San Diego and then going to our favourite place to relax in California, Palm Springs!

I get what you're saying, but unless fellow cruisers start taking a more active approach, bad behavior will continue. I welcome an altercation, since GS would have to get involved at that point and not merely dismiss the issue out of hand.