Further Changes To Eastern Caribbean Sailings ?

Tiggipaws

Hello

Are we likely to get any further schedule changes for the Eastern Carribean sailings in the next few weeks? Due to sail in December and I cant see us going to St Thomas or San Juan.

I'd be surprised if many here can give a reliable response unless they were listening at the door of many cruise line meetings and phone calls. Unless formal announcements are madde either by the islands or cruise lines, crurise ports, how can we know? As the first few HAL ships make stops there, we can hope to hea r reports from guests who visited and what whey learned, while on th ship a nd in the ports.

Hello

Are we likely to get any further schedule changes for the Eastern Carribean sailings in the next few weeks? Due to sail in December and I cant see us going to St Thomas or San Juan.

Our cruise (Nov 12-19 on Eurodam) substituted St Maarten with Dominican Republic and San Juan with St Thomas -- so I'm guessing you will go to St Thomas in December :-}

This was in USA Today last week. I think Carnival was planning on mid November initially.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2017/10/23/carnival-cruise-line-wont-return-st-thomas-st-maarten-until-january/789816001/

My guess is that the situation is pretty fluid. We were on an NCL cruise earlier in the month that was supposed to go to the USVI and the BVI. We didn't get our actual itinerary until around 12 days before we sailed.

This was in USA Today last week. I think Carnival was planning on mid November initially.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2017/10/23/carnival-cruise-line-wont-return-st-thomas-st-maarten-until-january/789816001/

My guess is that the situation is pretty fluid. We were on an NCL cruise earlier in the month that was supposed to go to the USVI and the BVI. We didn't get our actual itinerary until around 12 days before we sailed.

Kind of funny, since we're apparently going there and Holland is a Carnival-owned line.

The earlier article (link in the article you shared) has RCI returning before us (by a couple of days).

Has been odd to see a sailing unable to offer excursions in a port, but that was the case with St Thomas until a few days ago.

Sailing Nov 4 on Oosterdam and see on Hal's website that we will call on St Thomas as originally planned before hurricane. It had been changed to St Croix but I guess conditions have improved. Dont know why HAL did not notify me or my TA. When I told my TA today she was surprised because her reports are that the island still has much work to do. She speculated that maybe HAL wants help support the economy and improve things there even though they are not 100% restored yet. She said Magan's bay had been cleaned up, but much of the island was still in bad shape.

I'd be surprised if many here can give a reliable response unless they were listening at the door of many cruise line meetings and phone calls. Unless formal announcements are madde either by the islands or cruise lines, crurise ports, how can we know? As the first few HAL ships make stops there, we can hope to hea r reports from guests who visited and what whey learned, while on th ship a nd in the ports.

Spot on, sail7seas! (y)(y)(y) I have come to understand that not having reliable information (that is, facts as opposed to opinions) does not stop some CCers from offering their sage insights!!!

Smooth sailing :ship::ship::ship: