Art Deco Imperial Hotel

Sirgym

When booking our “Gems of the Danube with Prague” (Scenic Tours), several months ago, we were informed that the hotels in Prague and Budapest would be with Marriott. Yesterday, the day that the remainder of the balance was due, I was informed that Scenic wasn’t using Marriott in Prague anymore, but we would be staying at the historic Art Deco Imperial. (I had inquired about an upgraded suite) While the decor is interesting, this is the not the type of property I would book for myself, but rather one I might stop for a drink or grab a bite to eat. I understand Uniworld also uses this hotel. Was wondering if anyone on this forum has stayed here, and offer an opinion? Frankly, the rooms to me look dated, dark and rather small with “Soviet era” TV sets. The hotel also is situated on a very noisy street with tram. I’m rather disappointed that Scenic would make this switch.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I did a pre-cruise with Viking 3 years ago and I would have loved to stay at this hotel. We unfortunately stayed at the Hilton Prague about 10-15 minute walk away from Old Town and the Art Deco Imperial Hotel. I understand that you may want a modern room with modern amenities but that's what we had in a hotel where if you were opposite the elevator in the Atrium, you ended up with another 5 minutes of walking to get to the elevator. The location was isolated and far from inviting The hotel you will stay at is a historic gem, yes, do have drinks there and have dinner at the Cafe Imperial inside it. It was one of my favorite eating places in Prague and the Czech food is outstanding with an old world glamorous ambiance. You are also just at the edge of Old Town to wander around and enjoy the scenery and not feel creeped out walking at night. As for old looking TVs, use your phone and/or tablet and watch whatever you want. To me, staying in and experiencing a historical hotel in a historical district outweighs modern comfort any day. I understand your position though but thought I'd give you another one to ponder.

I did a pre-cruise with Viking 3 years ago and I would have loved to stay at this hotel. We unfortunately stayed at the Hilton Prague about 10-15 minute walk away from Old Town and the Art Deco Imperial Hotel. I understand that you may want a modern room with modern amenities but that's what we had in a hotel where if you were opposite the elevator in the Atrium, you ended up with another 5 minutes of walking to get to the elevator. The location was isolated and far from inviting The hotel you will stay at is a historic gem, yes, do have drinks there and have dinner at the Cafe Imperial inside it. It was one of my favorite eating places in Prague and the Czech food is outstanding with an old world glamorous ambiance. You are also just at the edge of Old Town to wander around and enjoy the scenery and not feel creeped out walking at night. As for old looking TVs, use your phone and/or tablet and watch whatever you want. To me, staying in and experiencing a historical hotel in a historical district outweighs modern comfort any day. I understand your position though but thought I'd give you another one to ponder.

Thanks so much for sharing, I’m sure we will have a fabulous time at the Art Deco. I’ve asked for an upgraded suite, we’ll see what that costs. I’ll be sure to review it during our stay or when we return.

We stayed their in 2015 on the Prague post extension of the Viking Grand European Tour. We loved the location and never noticed any street noise. The hotel is located close to Old Town and a modern shopping district. We really enjoyed that. While the rooms may be small, I had no complaints. We never were in the room much, only to sleep. The breakfast was excellent. I’m sure you will enjoy your stay. Prague is wonderful. Everyone should visit at least once in their lifetime.

While we didn't stay at the Art Deco Imperial during our four day visit to Prague in late May, we did dine at "Next Door By Imperial"--it's an adjunct to Cafe Imperial within the hotel [across the street]--as one stop on the city's top-rated food tour... Features Czech cuisine and we liked it so much that we went back for a full dinner two nights later and were certainly not disappointed... Clearly--when we were in town--reservations were required at both restaurants...

After dinner, we did visit the lobby of the hotel--friends who sailed with Uniworld at this time last year loved it--and the architecture [at least in the common areas] was stunning... If I return to Prague, I would surely consider staying there...

We stayed there last year, via Scenic. Loved it. Not often you find a hotel with the art deco thing that hasnt been mucked around with. This was outstanding. Boring modern hotels do nothing for me. Turn the light on in the room if its dark! Mind you, Scenic had just out and about so we really only were in the room morning and evening. The location was spot on too. I'd book it again if I ever get back to Prague.

We stayed there last year, via Scenic. Loved it. Not often you find a hotel with the art deco thing that hasnt been mucked around with. This was outstanding. Boring modern hotels do nothing for me. Turn the light on in the room if its dark! Mind you, Scenic had just out and about so we really only were in the room morning and evening. The location was spot on too. I'd book it again if I ever get back to Prague.

“click”...light’s on. Thank you.

Stayed there for three nights last June. Very happy with the hotel. We had spent three nights earlier on our own at the Intercontinental. While the rooms are smaller they were quite comfortable and the tram line makes it very easy to get anywhere in the city. We would stay there again.

Stayed there for three nights last June. Very happy with the hotel. We had spent three nights earlier on our own at the Intercontinental. While the rooms are smaller they were quite comfortable and the tram line makes it very easy to get anywhere in the city. We would stay there again.

Well...we are booked for a Junior Suite at the Art Deco Imperial in Prague. It cost a bit more to upgrade but I thought it was worth the extra space. Thanks to everyone who responded and I’ll be sure to review it on our return.