Bags VIP & Packing Question

joyce&bob

My wife signed us for Bags VIP on our Koningsdam 12/10/2017 cruise. Never used them before - a little nervous about just leaving our luggage at the airport for them to deliver to the ship. Also, when leaving the ship they will take our luggage from the ship to the airport & we will not see it again until we get to our home airport. Can someone reassure me that this will work. Also, men's attire in the dining room? Are shorts allowed on the casual nights? Hoping I won't have to bring a suit or sport jacket....anyone just wear long pants & dress shirts on the more formal nights? We are seasoned cruisers but have not been on Holland in a long time. Normally we sail on Celebrity. Thanks for any help you can provide. My wife my have asked these questions previously but couldn't find any responses.

I personally have not heard of Bags VIP. Is this something offered through HAL? Shorts are not allowed on casual nights. I've quit bringing my suit/sport coat and wear a dress shirt and pants on the Gala (formal) nights. I occasionally will add a tie, but you will not be out of place without a tie.

My wife signed us for Bags VIP on our Koningsdam 12/10/2017 cruise. Never used them before - a little nervous about just leaving our luggage at the airport for them to deliver to the ship. Also, when leaving the ship they will take our luggage from the ship to the airport & we will not see it again until we get to our home airport. Can someone reassure me that this will work...

We have used the Bags VIP service several times (for the home-to-ship or home-to-precruise hotel segment of the trip) and have never had a problem. IMO it is one of the best services that HAL makes available to its cruisers. Although I'm fairly certain that several CCers will claim otherwise, no one can assure you that Bags VIP "will work" for you - it has always worked to perfection for us, but that is no guarantee that it will work as well (or at all) for you.

Smooth sailing :):):)