Need Assistance with Hotel Pre and Post Cruise

mjtripper

We are a party of 3. We are booked on the Anthem of the Seas sailing on July 7 -12, 2018.

We are planning on arriving on July 6, stay one night before cruise. In my search for hotel options I stumbled upon Jersey City, looking at the Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson. Any recommendations to this hotel/area compared to the airport hotels of Embassy Suites, Spring Hill Suites, Marriott.

Which would you choose?

Planning on a car service from the airport to the hotel.

Post Cruise - We are disembarking on July 12. After disembarking, we will need to check into a hotel and we would like to go to the 9/11 Memorial/Museum.

Do you think this will be possible time wise?

Trying to determine where to stay. Should be get a hotel in Manhattan close to the Memorial or should we stay in Jersey City at the Hyatt Regency. I see we can take the Path into the city. Which seems doable, however this will be a first for us to take public transport.

Planning on a car service to take take us from the port to the hotel.

Have not booked air yet. Want to get the hotel settled to determine which airport to use. Flights are pretty similar for both EWR and LGA, and multi city route.

I still need to research car service options but need to determine the hotel first.

Any suggestions regarding my plans will be helpful.

We are a party of 3. We are booked on the Anthem of the Seas sailing on July 7 -12, 2018.

We are planning on arriving on July 6, stay one night before cruise. In my search for hotel options I stumbled upon Jersey City, looking at the Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson. Any recommendations to this hotel/area compared to the airport hotels of Embassy Suites, Spring Hill Suites, Marriott.

Which would you choose?

Planning on a car service from the airport to the hotel.

Post Cruise - We are disembarking on July 12. After disembarking, we will need to check into a hotel and we would like to go to the 9/11 Memorial/Museum.

Do you think this will be possible time wise?

Trying to determine where to stay. Should be get a hotel in Manhattan close to the Memorial or should we stay in Jersey City at the Hyatt Regency. I see we can take the Path into the city. Which seems doable, however this will be a first for us to take public transport.

Planning on a car service to take take us from the port to the hotel.

Have not booked air yet. Want to get the hotel settled to determine which airport to use. Flights are pretty similar for both EWR and LGA, and multi city route.

I still need to research car service options but need to determine the hotel first.

Any suggestions regarding my plans will be helpful.

You should fly in and out of Newark Airport.

IMO the Jersey City hotels are much nicer than the Newark airport hotels. The Hyatt is usually the most expensive, but the Westin, Marriott Courtyard, and Doubletree are very nice as well. Personally I prefer the location of the Westin, Courtyard, and Doubletree for the restaurants, shopping, and overall ambiance of the waterfront area.

PATH transportation into Manhattan is very quick and easy. No real reason to stay in lower Manhattan for one night to see the 911 Memorial.

138 EastThanks for your help. I was hoping you would respond due to your wealth of knowledge. Your suggestions are very helpful. I will look at the other hotels listed to compare with the Hyatt. Glad to hear this area will work for our needs.