Need help finding a cruise

duffMan06

I think most of the lines ask that someone be at least 25 yrs of age if a person in a cabin is under the age of 21. As they put it " Guests under the age of 21 must be booked in a stateroom with an adult who is 25 yrs or older. My kids both were 23 and 19 when we took our last one. The youngest could drink on the ship if we signed a waver for her to get beer and wine only. The oldest could order whatever she wanted, and anyone 18 and older can gamble on the ships. Hope this helps you.

I think Princess allows you to book by yourself at age 18, but their drinking age is 21.

RCI will allow you to drink beer and wine at age 18, but you must have somebody over the age of 25 in each stateroom if anybody is under that age of 21.

my friends and i are looking to find a cruise this summer for our senior trip.. we are all 18 and wondering if there is any cruise line that will let us go by ourself and if there is will they let us gamble and drink

Don't know if this will help but P & O will let you drink from 18 onwards. The legal age for drinking in Britain is 18. Not sure about gambling though, I think that is 21.

Jo

The good ol days of cruising 18 year olds could do everything including drinking. Now they are more strict.

There are a few exceptions to the under 21 rule of having someone 25 to be responsible for you but unfortunetly they are unlikely to be usefull.

If you were married I think you and the person that are married can travel together regardless of the age consideration.

If you are imancipated I think you also can cruise without worrying about the age requirements.

Unfortunely your gonna need to make phone calls to the cruise lines directly and find out what there policy is. I think cruises make a perfect senior trip, but if you can't arrange that consider Sandles and/or Club meds outside the US, those can be really fun too.

Archived