Self debarkation on Allure of the seas

i didnt have cases but had hand luggage and bits in my room till around 9am (although room attendant said i should be left by now when i went to fetch my stuff from breakfast!! - 3rd time id seen him all week!! and he'd left 2 rubbish towel animals all week even tho i left tips every day!!

oh also breakfast in the windjammer shuts at 9am that morning (although stilll seemed very busy when i left

Edited by leono1
changed whole response misread question.

just got off a few weeks ago, you dont have do the self debarkation, you can get rid of your cases the night before, even though i asked for a late depature time i still got allocated a stupid early time of say 730-8. i didnt get up till just after 8, went for breakfast (windjamer shuts at 9) then went back to my room pick my hand luggage up (ok room attendant told me i should be left by now!! THIRD TIME ID SEEN HIM ALL WEEK AND HE'D LEFT ME 2 RUBBISH TOWEL ANIMALS ALL WEEK EVEN THOUGH I LEFT MONEY EACH NIGHT AND HE HAD THE CEEK LEAVE AN ENVELOPE ON THE LAST NIGHT!!) anyway picked up my hand luggage then went down the royal prom, got bored of sitting around there then got off the ship. my luggage was the one of the last few cases in my numbered section :D glad it was still there.

i was trying to hold out as long as i could as i had a late flight from miami but even i got bored of hanging around the ship.

someone might be able give you more info, but i assumed self debarkation was if you wanted to get off first thing in the morning, not to try stay on as long as possible

Paperwork left in your cabin explains very thoroughly the procedures for the final morning of your cruise. You are expected to vacate your cabin between 8:00 and 8:30; not get up at 8:00 a.m.

Please remember the staff has to turn the ship over ready for new passengers around 11:00 a.m. The majority of the passengers are gone by 9:00 a.m.

I am not going to start a tipping thread by trying to understand your comments regarding tips. You have a choice of prepaying your tips, or having them billed to your Seapass account daily. Not sure why you were leaving money each night. Envelopes are left on the final night for any additional gratuities you may choose to leave in addition to the prepaid or billed tips.

I just got off the Allure two weeks ago and walked off the ship with our luggage. Had a 9:40 AM flight. We were in line at 6 AM on Deck 5 Promenade by the two huge doors right next to the Champagne Bar across from Guest Services. Off ship by 6:30 and at airport by 7. Breakfast was not an option for us but I do remember that breakfast is only available early. I think it's done by 8-8:30 AM.

When we sailed in August, they asked that we be out of the cabins by 8. Did not have to be off the ship before 9, at least. We had a late morning flight, so were happy to grab breakfast at 7:30, get our bags at 8 and then walk them off in a leisurely fashion.