Just Back From CB 12/3-12/10

xavier

Fabulous Cruise. Captain Romano tried to aid a Morrocan Navy (no joke!) ship in rescue. Apparantly it was taking on water & we were the closest ship to it so we sailed on over. Very interesting to watch, what with the helicopters looming above and all. In the end our help was not needed and we continued on with the cruise.

Cafe Caribe was excellent, wide range of dishes.

Finding two lounge chairs together the first day was a challenge. Not because people were saving them but because it was crowded. After the first day it was never difficult.

Princess Cay was a lovely beach day.

Oh & did I mention we were in the Grand Suite and I had to literally be pried away from it the last day! You can still see my nail marks in the doorway & hear my wails echoing thru the halls.

I'll be more then happy to answer any questions.

Guest Host Tink

Welcome Home Xavier!

Thanks for the mini-report! When you're settled we'd love to hear more from you, you know how we all chomp at the bit to hear about other cruises.

:D :D :D

Welcome back. You mention the Cafe Caribe. On the ship's map the Cafe Caribe appears to be just an extension of the Horizon Court. Your comments suggest it is more than that. Can you tell me about the Cafe Caribe? Thank you.

The Cafe Caribe is behind the Horizon Court and is its own entity. It's open for dinner nightly and I think the dinner hours were 5:30pm to 11:00pm. It's nights seemed to be themed. Like the Horizon Court it is a buffet but unlike the Horizon, once you sit at a table a server will bring you water, and drinks out of real glasses, not just plastic. They had a seafiood extravaganza (not to be missed) with crab, lobster and shrimp all chilled. Another night they had cooked seafood. Once there was guacamole, chips and great looking steaks. Excellent place if you can't decide what you want to eat as they have a little of everthing. Also out of this world chocalate chip cookies.

Kakcruiser: As a matter of fact we had all our dinners via room service off of the dinner menu and ate on our balcony every night. We did dress up and go down for the Captains Welcome party & the Return Cruisers party & then changed back into shorts & had those dinners on our balcony as well. I defintely thought the suite was worth the money.

We will be sailing on 12/17 and were curious as to the movies that were playing on your cruise....

Thanks

Dan

We were on the CP last week and the only movie I watched was A Hard Day's Night!

This was a group cruise celebrating my 50th birthday, and you would have thought I'd made a special request to see the Beatles the night before my big 5-0! :)

We will be sailing on 12/17 and were curious as to the movies that were playing on your cruise....

Thanks

Dan

We were on the CP last week and the only movie I watched was A Hard Day's Night!

This was a group cruise celebrating my 50th birthday, and it was almost like I had made a special request to see the Beatles the night before my big 5-0! :)

Thanks

Dan

This was a group cruise celebrating my 50th birthday, and it was as if I had made a special request to see the Beatles the night before my big 5-0! Just coincidence...

We were also on this cruise. My 3 year old had so much fun in the kid's club!!

I think the late night MUTS were:

War of the Worlds

Must Love Dogs

Mr & Mrs. Smith

The Longest Yard

Fever Pitch

Wedding Date

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Monster -in- Law

Tom Jones concert

Monday Night Football

Tina Turner Concert

Lots of other movies during the day including Madagascar, Grease, Shrek....lots of others.

Sadly, I never had a chance to watch MUTS!!! My husband watched football and said it was great.

Glad you had a great cruise!!!!!! Wife and I will be in the same room in

April 06 and can not wait. She will be like you and have to be drug out

of the grand suite. I wish you could give a few details (or pics) of the

balcony. Was it just a great view--- was it noisy(from upstairs) etc.

Hope to hear from you!!!

(goodtome22002@yahoo.com)

Roy S

Archived