Sleeping on long flight?

DougH

I have tried so many things in economy to try to get a rest on long haul flights. Nothing seems to work for me, the closest I got once was taking one and a half Ativan, stayed awake on the first twelve hours but fell asleep at the departure gate of my connecting flight. As the years go on and the space gets smaller I am throwing in the towel. On our upcoming trip to Bangkok from Vancouver, finally broke down and paid for Business Class. Looking forward to actually lay down and hopefully sleep.

I kept checking on Kayak over a couple of months then jumped once I saw what I considered a reasonable price. Another thing, connecting in Beijing I looked for a long layover. Over eight hours (mine is 13 hours) and the airline provides a hotel and transport in Beijing so that should help with the jet lag at our final destination.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As a cabin crew member for 39 years, I would suggest you do not drink alcohol, maybe one glass of wine with a meal. Don't take sleeping pills or anything like that. Drink plenty of water to keep hydrated. Put on eyeshades and buy the wax type of earplugs, or put the earphones in and have slow relaxing music.