RCI Drinks packages

Hey Guys

Just a quick question regarding the drinks packages offered by RCI.

My family and I are headed to Singapore for a 5D/4N cruise on the Mariner of the Seas at the end of November.

Currently the deluxe beverage package is $56.xx daily for our cruise, does anyone know if they get offered discounts on this before your cruise - or am I dreaming? Have seen articles about 20% discounts offered when looking in the My Cruises/My Planner login.

Or is this only offered when RCI have a sale?

First time on RCI, so not sure on how they work things :)

TIA

J

Oh that's really expensive. Sorry I thought you meant $56 AUD. I saw you were in Australia and thought you were quoting the price in our $$$. I only paid $64 AUD per day to cruise on Voyager in January out of Sydney!

We sailed Mariner out of Singapore in 2013 and I estimate 98% of the people on the cruise were non-drinkers. I can't be certain but I am fairly sure that the prices of the drink package were cheaper on-board that time because no-one was drinking.

Prices are definitely more expensive on-board if you are sailing out of Australia but over there, I think you would have a good chance of getting a better deal when on the ship.

Edited by jasper15
Left out info

Oh that's really expensive. Sorry I thought you meant $56 AUD. I saw you were in Australia and thought you were quoting the price in our $$$. I only paid $64 AUD per day to cruise on Voyager in January out of Sydney!

We sailed Mariner out of Singapore in 2013 and I estimate 98% of the people on the cruise were non-drinkers. I can't be certain but I am fairly sure that the prices of the drink package were cheaper on-board that time because no-one was drinking.

Prices are definitely more expensive on-board if you are sailing out of Australia but over there, I think you would have a good chance of getting a better deal when on the ship.

As the cruise is out of Singapore it would be in USD, even here in Australia, USD is used aboard by RCI and X.

$56 AUD is a very good price and reflects what we have paid on a cruise from Singapore. If you buy it now and then find it even cheaper when you board, bearing in mind it will be in US$ on the ship, you can cancel it and get the money back as OBC and re- purchase on board.

By the way, the prices in AUD always include gratuities, whereas on board you may have to pay 18% on top.

Edited by fairywren

We are booked on Ovation 16 May from Hong Kong, drink package is $70.40AUD without gratuity. Gratuity would be an additional $12.60AUD, so $83AUD.

Be wary of booking drinks packages in advance if you are on B2B cruises. While on Quantum a few years ago we didn't have a package on the first leg. Way too expensive! At changeover we were offerred the drinks package for the next leg of 16 nights at half price each. With $500 free OBC (a bit over half the cost), it made sense to take up the offer. The package (inclusive of the 18%) for both of us for US$400 we felt was worth it.

RCI might still offer the half price package on the second leg of B2B cruises, which is the only time we feel it is worth purchasing.

We are booked on Ovation 16 May from Hong Kong, drink package is $70.40AUD without gratuity. Gratuity would be an additional $12.60AUD, so $83AUD.

We decided to skip the drinks pack,age. I did buy a 10 draft beers for 49 USD and the occasional cocktail (mostly 8 specials) I don’t want to drink enough to make the package pay off!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

no, definitely in AUS...done through the RCI Oz site.

tho I didnt realise there was service charge on top of that :(

Didnt know there was such a difference in package costs between the different cruises ....what a rip!

If it really is $56 AUD with gratuities included, book it now.:D

We decided to skip the drinks pack,age. I did buy a 10 draft beers for 49 USD and the occasional cocktail (mostly 8 specials) I don’t want to drink enough to make the package pay off!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Me neither, having a few drinks a day is enough.:D