The Glorious Veendam 11/26/05-12/10/05

ryansmemom

I had the opportunity to meet the entire cast when my husband and I left the ship in June-we actually stayed on for a week to ease the transition and help the entertainment staff that joined us onboard for the cast's turnover. I thought that overall they did an excellent job in the show's-we particularly enjoyed Club Nevada, I loved their energy and performance quality in that one, and it was great to see a new show come on the ship!

We felt that Jason, the cruise Director, deserved accolades and more; he was pretty "under-reported" by the first entry here. He truly "made" the cruise.............he was always everywhere he needed to be......and on time.

He has a wisdom that's amazing for one so young. He is quick on his feet and handles all of his tasks perfectly.

He's open to the public, always stopping to visit even when he's "flying off to another duty." He's always "up" and positive.

No wonder HAL has chosen him for the new ship. He will, indeed, go FAR.

There was also an outstanding male singer, Jeffrey, I believe his name was. He just stood out from the others in the cast. He also performed in the Filipino Talent Show. He lives in Pasadena, CA but was born in the Philippines and will be seeing more of him in the future, I'm sure.

The entertainment on this ship was SUPER. How those "kids" learn all of the songs and dances and get into and out of their costumes so fast is beyond me.....................and where do they get so much energy? Their shows were wonderful, just wonderful.

We so enjoyed the Veendam. after attending the program which told us all that will be happening to her in drydock, we'd love to go on another cruise soon to check out all the changes..............especially the waterfall on "Deck 13" for the kids............what a GREAT idea that is.

I'm so glad to hear that you loved the entertainment-especially the production shows! Jeffrey is definately very talented, as are all the other cast members-the Veendam was the first ship I performed on, so it will always hold a special place in my heart!

Is the Pinnacle breakfast only for Suite passengers or can the "dregs in the bowells of the ship" have breakfast there also? It sounds like a great thing.

Sorry but it is only for S and PS pax.

IMO it is nothing special. They have the exact same menu and food as the dining room with a couple of minor differences.

The coffee is fresh ground and they might serve the fresh squeezed orange.

We went once. Service was horrible.

Archived