Bicycle Rentals

bicycledude

Just back from 11/26 sailing of Serenade. My dh likes to mountain bike but I dont know this island is one to do this on. Maybe once out of traffic in Bridgetown but there is lots to see and dont know if bike is the way to go. We did a 5-1/2 hr tour with Cameron Reid and really enjoyed it as we said where, how long etc.... took us to lots of beautiful views etc.

Suggestion: get a good map (check online) and figure out what you want to see then determine if biking is the way to go.... the island is beautiful and even tho fairly small feels spread out.

Are you going to Antigua? I would bike there (we rented a car). Don't miss Fig Tree drive if you do.

• 2 weeks later...

It is a really lush area with canopied areas and hilly but not so that you will have to work too hard. Small road that twists and winds - big trees, nice views etc. Traffic was almost non-existent but a small detour due to road work in one area.. caused us to wonder if we were going the right way. We stopped and asked once and locals were very helpful. When you get a map of Antigua you will see that one road basically goes around - when we left Nelsons Dockyard area (also very nice area) we "ran into" Fig Tree Drive. Get a good map (I ordered one online after doing a search for 3.50) altho you can get them free once you get there. I wanted to plan ahead however. The people there are really nice and will be more than happy to answer questions or give directions. If you get to Fig Tree Drive - there is a little vendor stand literally right next to the entrance to the rainforest.... tell Elaine the 2 ladies she let use her restroom said "HI" and the pineapple jelly is delicious. If you are looking for a good beach - Long Bay is very nice.

Archived