Minor Back to Back question

Merion_Mom

I know that I will tip our waiter and assistant after the first cruise, since we may not be at the same table on the second one, but if we are CERTAIN that our cabin steward is the same person, should we tip at the end of the first, or wait until the very end?

I know that this is a matter of opinion. I'm asking for yours. :D

Carol

Hi Carol,

probably I would tip at the end of each cruise too.

I fyou choose not to I would somehow address this matter to your steward as he otherwise might think he gets nothing. There is also a chance of not having the same steward the next week as soetimes the stewarts rotate too or he could be leaving the ship.

Just a few thoughts.

Have a great cruise and Happy Holidays to you.

(Could you sneek me into your luggage?)

I would definitely tip at the end of each week. One reason is that when you tip, you are actually tipping a team of two, even if you never see the other person. So, even if your steward stays the same, the other half of the team may not.

When I asked our steward if he had to share his tips, he said yes. However, when I asked him if he gets to keep anything we tip over the customary amount, he also said yes. He was great, and we made sure we gave him extra.

When we did a B2B in Sept. we tipped our steward at the end of our second week. Our steward said that would be ok. We told her not to worry about us at all on change over day. She could run around and introduce herself to everyone. They all seemed to be running at top speed this day. She really seemed to appreciate that we would take care of making our own bed and could use our towels again. We tipped in cash. She said "oh money!! My favorite!!"

Another vote for tipping at the end of each cruise. Besides the reasons stated previously, you never know what the cabin steward may have planned for the money...buy something special?...send it home?...heavy date?

I would definitely tip at the end of each week. One reason is that when you tip, you are actually tipping a team of two, even if you never see the other person. So, even if your steward stays the same, the other half of the team may not.

When I asked our steward if he had to share his tips, he said yes. However, when I asked him if he gets to keep anything we tip over the customary amount, he also said yes. He was great, and we made sure we gave him extra.

Excellent point. Of course, I would have told him/her that we were staying on for the next cruise and asked if s/he would still be our cabin steward before "not" tipping at the end of the first cruise.

But you've all convinced me to tip early. I think that I'll let him/her know how much we are enjoying the service (if we are!).

Carol

Archived