not sure if I did the right thing??

rowlady

We are booked with 2 cabins on the 3/5/06 Conquest sailing with an inside guarantee. My PVP said that Carnival tries very hard to book 2 cabins from the same booking next to one another if at all possible but he obviously couldn't guarantee anything. My concern is that we are a family of 4 (mom, dad and 2 young teens) and really need 2 cabins close to each other ....Did I make a mistake booking a guarantee do you think? I cannot afford to upgrade myself so I was hoping for some luck and that is why we went the guarantee route. Our final payment is due soon and I would like to get some advice - do you recommend we change our reservation and choose specific inside cabins or do you think Carnival will place us near each other?? Anybody with any experience like this - or just want to give guidance..........

We are booked with 2 cabins on the 3/5/06 Conquest sailing with an inside guarantee. My PVP said that Carnival tries very hard to book 2 cabins from the same booking next to one another if at all possible but he obviously couldn't guarantee anything. My concern is that we are a family of 4 (mom, dad and 2 young teens) and really need 2 cabins close to each other ....Did I make a mistake booking a guarantee do you think? I cannot afford to upgrade myself so I was hoping for some luck and that is why we went the guarantee route. Our final payment is due soon and I would like to get some advice - do you recommend we change our reservation and choose specific inside cabins or do you think Carnival will place us near each other?? Anybody with any experience like this - or just want to give guidance..........

They will try, but you could be down the hall from each other. We have linked our bookings before (with same name within the family) and ended up on the other side of the ship... not that far, but not that close. If you need cabins close to each other, you should not book a guarantee... to be safe.

I did GRTY with my parents. We paid for a cruise for them. We gave them an ocean view and we did an inside. We where on the same ticket by not the same names. We ended up only a few doors down from us.

It worked out for us. But it wasn't a big deal for us if it hadn't. If you are concerned. I wouldn't book GRTY. I'm sure you still can get an inside for a little more money but not that much more.

Kim

I booked 2 guarantees for my family. We booked inside and the upgrade fairy gave us ocean view, but there are 33 rooms between our 2 rooms, but at least we are on the same level and same aisle (that is probably not the correct ship terminology but you know what I mean). I hope you get rooms closer than ours.

If you really need to be close together, don't book a gty. We have our teens (age 15 & 17) booked in their own cabin right across the hall from us. I wasn't willing to take a chance on not being close to them so I picked the cabins. I want to be able to do bed checks in the middle of the night and don't want to be running around the ship in my jammies at that time.:eek:

We booked a 1A and a 4A guarantee for the 5 of us for our upcoming Conquest cruise and I found out that we were visited by the upgrade fairy. We have two 6As that are adjoining cabins! It can happen, but I'm sure this isn't the norm. Good Luck!

No I don't believe it is the norm.....when we went on the fantasy this spring. We booked two inside gty. we were in U243, on the back of the ship and the girls, 14 & 20, were in E6, about as far forward and a deck up. It wasn't a big deal for us.... they are old enough but if I had been concerned I wouldn'g have booked gty.

I knew I could get some advice from this board............I think I will call my PVP tomorrow and see about getting 2 inside cabins. It is not worth the risk for me - I would rather have 2 cabins next to one another than hope for an upgrade that probably wouldn't come anyway. Someday I am going to have a balcony though - that is a promise!! Thanks again for your help - I love this place!

Archived