clarification needed on 3rd guest sails free + UBP promo for guests 1 & 2

jazzydiver

So, I've done a couple of searches to try to figure this out and still need clarification.

Among current promos offered is free UBP. I understand that includes the 1st & 2nd guest only, and of course each person pays 18% on the retail value of the UBP.

Another current promo is "3rd guest sails free". If a 3rd guest is added to the cabin, I understand they are not included in the UBP promo. But is NCL going to require the 3rd guest to *buy* the UBP if they are over 21?

I did a dummy booking and got the 3rd guest sail free included, and UBP charges were only added to guests 1 & 2. But I since I hadn't input ages of guests yet, I didn't know if the assumption is that the 3rd guest is a child.

Our 3rd person in the cabin is not a drinker, so it would be perfect for us if guest 1 & 2 get the UBP & 3rd person doesn't. It's just that I've seen so many other threads saying "all people in the cabin have to have the drink package!" that I'm a little leery.

I read through all the Terms & Conditions and I don't see the 3rd person having to have UBP addressed. Does anyone have direct experience with this? I just don't want to sign up for the UBP promo and have person 3 get a horrible surprise.