Acampa Excursion Cancelled. What to do?

Mandy1021

We are flying in a day early so we could do the full day Toro Negro waterfall rapel, zip lining & hike with Acampa which we booked early this year and we just got an email stating they are still without power and the adventure site of their rainforest is totally destroyed so they need to cancel which is unfortunate but totally understandable.

So now we are left with an entire day FREE to do something. Does anyone have any recommendations? Something similar to Acampa, adventure-wise. We were going to tour the forts when we returned from our cruise but I understand they are closed as well because they are without power so my question is will there be anything we can do?

Other than that if someone could recommend some awesome bakeries (my weakness) or local restaurants (with good beers- my boyfriend's weakness :P) I think that might be fun. We are staying at acacia boutique if that helps.

Hoping someone can recommend something before we leave next week! :).

Edited by Mandy1021

San Juan National Historic Site reopens the doors of Castillo San Cristóbal to the public

:D :p :D

It is with gratitude and enthusiasm that from Monday, 20 November 2017, the national historic site of San Juan announces its reopening, beginning with opening the doors of st. Christopher's castle to the public.

The Castle San Felipe del morro will remain closed until the electrical service is restored. The entrance to san cristóbal will be free of charge while you have limited access to the facilities, so we invite you to enjoy, explore and reconnect with our cultural heritage and world heritage.

Strength, splendor, resilience. It is with these values and characteristics that we can well describe what historical fortifications represent, and it is also what we hope to inspire and provoke in everyone who visits us, while moving together towards recovery.

Stay tuned to our social networks, since we will soon be sharing our special reopening programming!

https://www.facebook.com/SanJuanNPS/