first timer Diamond ????

catsix

Going on the Diamond 7/31 to Alaska. First time cruisers except for two 3 nighters about 15 years ago. Didn't care for those much but thought we'd try again. Anyhow, just a couple of questions:
I filled out the embarkation papers online. Do I have to send the paper copies I received with my initial packet?
Do they tell you in advance about theme nights -
i.e., French, Italian, etc.? We booked traditional dining, late seating, but we would like to try the Steakhouse when they have French night and everyone on here says to book when you board.
Are there any important things I need to do to prepare further? This is probably the only time we'll do this so I really want the best experience.

I really appreciate all the info I've gotten from this board. I thought since we're going on Princess that I'd ask here instead of the first-timers board.

We're taking formal wear, layering clothing, small bills for tipping, and we've booked excursions: whale watching and the 8 hour train ride.
Any advice would be very welcome.

Diamond Princess!!!!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;7;31;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

If you fill out all the immigration paperwork on-line you do NOT need to send in the paper copies...

Everyone else will have to help with the rest of your questions...although don't forget to pack binoculars!

Sky Princess 01/1999 Australia and New Zealand
Sky Princess 03/2000 China
Royal Princess 02/2002 South America
Golden Princess 05/2003 Med
Sapphire Princess 03/2005 Sydney to Bangkok

March 2005 - Sydney to Bangkok on the Sapphire
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2005;3;7;20;00;00&timezone=GMT+1030[/img]

If you filled them out online that is all you need to do. They don't post the menus in advance but you could ask the Maitre'd.

However Traditional diners do not use the PC rooms on Diamond, that is what the PC diners do. You will have the chance to eat off the PC menus once each through out the week but will do it in the Traditional room.

[B] Life is at it's best when your address floats [/B]
One MORE open Booking(s).
[B]<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>[/B]
Sapphire Princess 09/04
Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02
Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95
[B]<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>[/B]
Diamond Princess 12/04
Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04
Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02[B]<FONT color=red>
West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>[/B]
Ecstacy 09/01
[B]<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>[/B]
Century 12/97
[B]<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>[/B]
Century 9/96

You mentioned taking small bills for tips. Note that Princess will auomatically add $10/day/person for tips. You can get that removed and do your own, if desierd, by visiting the pursers desk.

Archived