Dolphin Fantaseas - Antigua

AbbyGirl

We should be able to book our excursions in the next week or so and I was wondering if anyone has gone to this dolphin encounter....Is it a waste of time and money or is it a must do for dolphin lovers???

I noticed that if you book it through the cruise it is slighty higher than booking it through the company directly, but if I recall the description from Princess, it looks as though you get to do more...Is this true?

Thanks!

Days until the Golden sails the Southern Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;09;05;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Just got off the Golden yesterday morning. We were initally wait listed for the Dolphin Encounter but were lucky and got to go. It's a little pricey but a great experience. You spend about 45 to 60 minutes in the water with the dolphin. People are divided into groups of 10 with each group having their own dolphin. They have the animals swim by you for touching several times. Then you individually are able to interact with the animal, the kissing and holding their heads. You swim about 20 feet from the group and the dolphin comes by and you take hold of the pectoral fins for a ride.

Archived