Princess Air~do They Tell You When To Fly, Or Can You Fly In A Couple Days Early????

WHYTSHLDRZ

I have never used Princess air. I am wondering, if I use it one way to fly to Vancouver, for a coastal cruise that ends up in Los Angeles~do I have to fly in the day of the cruise? Do I have the option of flying in a couple days early, to see Vancouver, before I sail?????

I would rather get there a couple days before the cruise starts, to relax and sight see a little!:p

Am wondering how Princess handles this....the air I priced through them is cheaper than what I have found on the net.:confused:

I'm a routine user of Princess Air and the way it's worked for us regarding earlier arrivals is that you have to book the Princess pre-cruise hotel package.

Perhaps others have been able to managed it differently, and they'll chime in shortly.

You end up having to pay a deviation fee if you want to fly in early, unless as mentioned above you use Princess for your pre-cruise hotels. They will waive deviation if you book the hotel through them. The problem with that is that the total cost might end up being much more than you would pay if you booked your own flights and hotel. The hotel rates quoted are per person, which means you usually end up paying twice what you should for your hotel. Sometimes it is handy to use Princess for all this, but I've found over the years that I can do much better on my own. It is best to price out both scenarios to see which is best for you.

We are just back from the Grand TransAtlantic and we used Princess air. Our return trip had us staying over in Houston for two extra days on our own so we were required to pay a small deviation fee to travel on any other day after we got off the ship. Had we gone home on Saturday, the day we disembarked, there would have been no fee.

Archived