Giovannis

Norway2

Going on the Freedom in a week and will eat in Gipvanni's. It has to be better than last year because it was the worst meal I've ever had. Actually we only got to the soup course. We waited over an hour for the entrée of lambchops. It never came, and we questioned the waiter about our food. His answer was consistently "soon" Found out later they took the chef out for help in the MDR and another souchef or someone, didn't know how to do lambchops. Gotta be better. Will report back in December

Only problem with Giovannis is that you cannot order a small plate of pasta , asked for a small side dish and got a dish large enough to feed a family of 10 as a main dish

Our table of 5 felt bad leaving that much food on the table

DH was able to get a small plate of pasta a few nights ago on Independence. He had it as his appitizer. No issues at all.

I don't have a copy of the new menu, but when we went on Allure in July, the scallops appetizer was gone. There were 4 of us and three ordered the steak and liked it, but not as much as the rib eye in Chops.

I didn't pay attention to the menu as closely as I should have as I had heard that the pasta carbonara was sooooo good. I tried it, but was not a fan of having an egg on top of it. I am used to having the egg mixed in with the cheese when the sauce was made. It totally changed the taste of the dish. I wouldn't order it again.

We had the scallops on Independence a few nights ago.