CHEERS leaving out of NY

• 4 weeks later...

So first time sailing out of NYC and first time purchasing Cheers. Will we be charged for Cheers beginning the second night or do they charge you for the first night as well even though you are unable to use it that first night? Also, I assume that if we make the purchase online ahead (for cost savings) we have to pay it in full at that time...it doesn't add to what we still owe on the cruise, correct?

Both Texas and NY have state laws that, to make a complex matter simple, prohibit the selling of alcohol in this manner. So they technically wait until the next day then "sell" it to you, even if you've pre-purchased it. Basically they are waiting until you are in international waters. On our last cruise out of Galveston I noticed that each bar had cabinets labeled "Texas Alcohol" as Texas requires each bottle to have a tax stamp. Once they were in international waters all those bottles went into the cabinet and new bottles (and a lot more of them I might add) came out.

Sort of the same vein but does anyone know if bottles pre-purchased through the fun shop can be delivered day one out of NYC. I would guess they can be since New York liquor law pertains to unlimited plans but wasn’t sure about fun ship alcohol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums