A few questions about our upcoming Christmas cruise on Oasis

amcb

Lots of great info on this thread! We are on Oasis in Feb in a GS. Will concierge contact us prior to the cruise? Do we need to make reservations for CK prior to boarding? Does the concierge handle that? I made the comedy show reservation. Thank you!

The concierge may or may not contact you in advance. The concierge can make CK reservations for you.

It's your choice if and when you contact the Concierge.

I didn't know if the dining times filled up if people made reservations before boarding. I'm going to assume that CK works like Luminae on Celebrity. We figured it out when we got on the ship. Thank you :)

I didn't know if the dining times filled up if people made reservations before boarding. I'm going to assume that CK works like Luminae on Celebrity. We figured it out when we got on the ship. Thank you :)

If you are looking to make pre-cruise reservations for Coastal Kitchen, then I'd contact the Concierge about 1 week before the cruise.

A few comments. Not to disagree with anyone who already posted, only my observations. We were in a Crown Loft on Oasis in Oct. When you say a "regular suite," I assume you mean Grand Suite or above. So, based on that:

You can use Coastal Kitchen for all 3 meals, plus they have a continental breakfast and lunch items in the Suite Lounge. I would make a reservation for Christmas Night if that's where you want to eat as it is a unique night. Other than that, we had no problems for other meals. We only ate there one night as we were a family of 11 including 5 kids so we ate in the MDR. The Coastal Kitchen night was just the 6 adults. But make reservations to get the times you want.

The breakfast and lunch menus don't change in CK. As I remember the dinner menu did every night, but I think there were repeats. Don't really remember. In Jan. they had 3 menus. One for 2 nights, One for 3 nights, and a third for 2 nights. In Oct. it did change daily, but again, may only be 3 menus that rotate. You can ask your Concierge if you like when they email you. Plus the Concierge will have menus for the whole week for you to look at.

There will be towels available at the entrance to Barefoot Beach which is the Suite Only beach. I think they're in the Cabana's too. But no need to take them off the ship. Just get what you need at the towel desk when you enter Barefoot Beach. When you get off the ship, at the entrance to Labadee, they provide a golf cart to take Suite Guests to Barefoot Beach. Just show them your Seapass and they'll drive you.

TAKE SWIM SHOES! I, fortunately took some. But I went into the water without them at Barefoot Beach and it was quite rocky. Went back to my lounge and got my swim shoes. In my opinion, a must. If you get an over the water Cabana then not an issue as you'll go down stairs or a ladder to the water. But if you are going in from the beach take them. Also they provided a life jacket for our 7 year old grandson. He can swim ok so his parents didn't think to bring one. The Lifeguards provided one for him.

Soda and Drink packages work on Labadee just like on the ship. You'll have a Cabana Boy who will go and get drinks for you. Just give him your seapass and he'll take care of it. Bring tip money.

You Do Not need to make show reservations. Every show (except maybe the Comedy show, we didn't do that) have a reserved Suite Only area. You simply show your seapass and they let you in. Be sure to get there at least 15 minutes early as they open the suite area up about 10 minutes prior to the show. You don't actually have to sit in the suite area, but we liked it. GREAT seats for the Aqua Show. I'd advise showing up about 30 minutes early. But you don't need reservations. I would make reservation for the Comedy Show if you're interested though just to be sure.

Everyone in the suite will have free internet. We used our cell phones on "airplane" mode and turned on the "wifi" and used "wifi calling" to text and call each other. If you're unfamilar with "wifi calling," just ask. I or someone else can walk you through the steps to set your phone up.

Use your Concierge for everything. They are up there most of the day and can help with anything you need. That's what they get paid for, so help them keep their jobs and use them as your "go to" resource.

Have a great cruise!

we were at Barefoot beach in August. We thought the beach was great, no need for aqua shoes

Thanks CarolinaGirl2010. We’re getting very excited!

Does anyone know how long it usually takes the concierge to get back to you after your initial request? We received the Welcome email Monday morning and I replied immediately with our request for a cabana. I haven’t heard back yet, but didn’t know if that was normal for the big ships. On the smaller ships, I’ve usually received a response from the concierge by the next day.