Chops - Allure in August

js

Hi.

In addition to my TA giving us OBC, our four cabins will also be given one specialty restaurant for two people, which needs to be booked onboard. My dh wants to use this in Chops. We will be 11 people. Is it usually a problem booking what you want once onboard? I'm use to pre-planning everything so all is done with no worries.

Thank you very much.

If you are somewhat flexible with your desired dining day/time and you go to the specialty restaurant as soon as you board, you should be OK.

Thank you. We are 11 people and I can have 2-3 days to work with and would like to dine approximately 7-8 pm.

Do I go directly to the actual restaurant?

I already have to go to the MDR since we are a family/cousins of 18 and although we are all linked and I made our MTD ressies, I want to confirm with them when we board also that we are good to go with our table(s) but I'm guessing I should do my specialty dining first, is that correct?

Thank you.

Thank you. We are 11 people and I can have 2-3 days to work with and would like to dine approximately 7-8 pm.

Do I go directly to the actual restaurant?

I already have to go to the MDR since we are a family/cousins of 18 and although we are all linked and I made our MTD ressies, I want to confirm with them when we board also that we are good to go with our table(s) but I'm guessing I should do my specialty dining first, is that correct?

Thank you.

I would first go directly to the restaurant in which you want to dine and make that reservation. Then I'd go to the MTD desk at the entrance to the dining room and work on your MTD reservations.

I would first go directly to the restaurant in which you want to dine and make that reservation. Then I'd go to the MTD desk at the entrance to the dining room and work on your MTD reservations.

Thank you very much! I'll go to Chops first and my dh and cousin can go to MDR and then I can meet up with them as soon as I'm done at Chops although I'm torn since 150 Central Park looks so nice but my dh loves Chops.

Thank you so much for your help!

Thank you very much! I'll go to Chops first and my dh and cousin can go to MDR and then I can meet up with them as soon as I'm done at Chops although I'm torn since 150 Central Park looks so nice but my dh loves Chops.

Thank you so much for your help!

You're very welcome.:)

You're very welcome.:)

The MDR can also help with reservations at specialty restaurants, ours did last week while we were on Allure. We also had a coupon for a free specialty restaurant and had a stipulation of being connected to a port day versus at sea day. You may want to check with your TA to confirm.

Our experience with Chops, Good but not Excellent. The appetizers and deserts were very excellent. However, for a place that cooks steaks everyday could not cook a medium rare steak to save their lives. My wife first came medium plus and second medium rare. My came medium. I ate mine but she sent hers back. She would have again but we had a show and ate only the parts that were closer to medium rare. I hope your experience is better than ours.

The MDR can also help with reservations at specialty restaurants, ours did last week while we were on Allure. We also had a coupon for a free specialty restaurant and had a stipulation of being connected to a port day versus at sea day. You may want to check with your TA to confirm.

Our experience with Chops, Good but not Excellent. The appetizers and deserts were very excellent. However, for a place that cooks steaks everyday could not cook a medium rare steak to save their lives. My wife first came medium plus and second medium rare. My came medium. I ate mine but she sent hers back. She would have again but we had a show and ate only the parts that were closer to medium rare. I hope your experience is better than ours.

Thank you very much for your post, it is very helpful.

Did you go to the MDR for your Chops reservation with your voucher? I'm okay with a port day but had hoped first formal day, but now I will be prepared. My dh loves Chops, although we haven't gone in about 2 years so either way, we will be going and hoping for a better experience than your experience. Hope you had a wonderful trip!

Thank you very much for your post, it is very helpful.

Did you go to the MDR for your Chops reservation with your voucher? I'm okay with a port day but had hoped first formal day, but now I will be prepared. My dh loves Chops, although we haven't gone in about 2 years so either way, we will be going and hoping for a better experience than your experience. Hope you had a wonderful trip!

This is a good forum with information to help one enjoy their vacation. Happy to help as others have helped me. I sent an email to the restaurant Operations Coordinator (AL_RestaurantOperationsCoordinator02@rccl.com) for our table selection request. We sent it one week before our cruise and were granted our request. Just two of us so easier to do. When we got onto the ship one of the first things we did was to ensure the seating request. Once that was confirmed we then asked the MDR if they could help with reservation with Chops and they could. We told them we had a voucher and that was good enough for them. Hope your experience is better. I will say, the food regardless was better than MDR with the exception of lobster night.