Tell me about HAL vs NCL

snowsuits

Hello:

We have sailed on Norwegian a few times as a family - my husband and I, and our five children, 12 and under. We booked the Haven, and appreciated the service, and the privacy, and the pool where people weren't deciding to get nekkid and loaded.

We are looking at a 4 day Bahamas cruise on Holland. Children are well-behaved. They liked the kids' club on NCL, though, and enjoy splashing and playing in areas where appropriate. We can't get a suite; they're sold out. Only two connecting veranda rooms will work (and they connect only via balcony - yikes!).

Any thoughts or advice for me?

Hello:

We have sailed on Norwegian a few times as a family - my husband and I, and our five children, 12 and under. We booked the Haven, and appreciated the service, and the privacy, and the pool where people weren't deciding to get nekkid and loaded.

We are looking at a 4 day Bahamas cruise on Holland. Children are well-behaved. They liked the kids' club on NCL, though, and enjoy splashing and playing in areas where appropriate. We can't get a suite; they're sold out. Only two connecting veranda rooms will work (and they connect only via balcony - yikes!).

The connecting rooms I am familiar with connect via an inner door. You are saying that those cabins are not available now?

Hello:

Deck plans will show connecting verandah rooms via inside door.

Dan

I have sailed both lines and I enjoy both. Your evenings on HAL will be much more quiet. If you are on a larger HAL ship, you will have BB King and Billboard Onboard as lively options. The pool situation is much better on HAL and you will find HAL ships to be much less crowded. As it's only a 4-night cruise, I would strongly encourage you to give HAL a try.