Tulum Shore Excursions

samuriman

We are going to be heading to Cozumel this January on Carnival. Carnival offers 3 shore excursions to Tulum and we are trying to decide which one to take. I was wondering if has taken them and what their opinions are. The 3 excursions are:

Ancient City Of Tulum

Tulum Temples and Mayan Village with Lunch

VIP Exclusive Tulum and Cenote Swim with Mayan Lunch

Let me say that we felt there was a palpable difference between regular excursions and the VIP excursions on Carnival. VIP was so worth it.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

• 3 weeks later...
We are going to be heading to Cozumel this January on Carnival. Carnival offers 3 shore excursions to Tulum and we are trying to decide which one to take. I was wondering if has taken them and what their opinions are. The 3 excursions are:

Ancient City Of Tulum

Tulum Temples and Mayan Village with Lunch

VIP Exclusive Tulum and Cenote Swim with Mayan Lunch

All of them EXCEPT "Ancient City of Tulum" will give you less time at the ruins. So first of all, you have to ask yourself WHY you are taking the excursion. Are you going for the hardcore love of seeing the ancient ruins and Mayan site and amazing coastline? Or are you just doing it for "something cool to do"? If it is the former, pick ONLY "Ancient City of Tulum" - if it's the latter reason, feel free to book either of the other two which throw in lunch and cenotes etc., at the expense of time at the actual ruins site.

Trin